or Connect

Posts by Spring Sun

I have a lovely little boy who just turned 6 last week. We lived in a neighborhood for a long time where there were not kids, so he was always with me when at home. But, he always had day care or school. Now, we live in cohousing, which is filled with children so he is with kids all day long when not in school.   He seems to be the runt. Not that he is small, but he is the underdog here. He cries every time something seems unfair, or if he gets hurt a little. Like...
My 1 year old has been biting me over the last week or so, and now both nipples have wounds on them. I just tried to breast feed her again, and she bit so hard I cried for a few minutes It hurts! I take her off and set her on the floor as soon as she does it, but that is clearly not working What should I do? I guess I am going to pump for the rest of the day and see if she can go back on it tonight. To top it off, our 5 yr old is sick, and I am starting to feel sick today,...
We desperately need a vacation. Does anyone have any suggestions on all inclusive resorts that have kid's programs? We have a 1 year old and a 5 year old. We would rather not go to Mexico. I hope someone here has a suggestion, I would so appreciate it! We have been working our BUTTS off for two years, we just need to sit on a beach and RELAX. Thank you!!!!
Seriously? Sarah and Amanda are pregnant!! Wow, good for you! I would personally be crazy if I were pregnant again, but I know you two are perfect to have your next baby already! We got this push toy: http://www.google.com/products/catal...CCEQ8wIwAzgA#p Looks cute and it wooden, I will let you know how she likes it!
Welcome Lyrebird! Hey everyone! I have not posted here in a whole year! Everything is going well. Amelia was COLICKEY for her first 6 months, then started eating and was fine. I KNEW i should have started feeding her earlier. She is awesome though-a little firecracker. Started walking at 9 months and now at 11 months is running, climbing, she can go up a little playskool slide stairs and slide down-she can even ride her big brother's scooter! Enough bragging, I love her...
My 12 month old baby has always slept with me. We have had two queen beds so she sleeps with me on one. I don't get more than an hour of sleep at a time, though, she wakes up so much! She just stirs, or breastfeeds, so she does not wake up, but I do and I am going crazy!! What do I do? She has always gone to sleep either with the breast or in the sling. I wish there was just a step by step list of what we could do to get her to sleep in her own bed. I think she would...
Glad you are pregnant MaerynPearl! You were with me when I was ttc my second, not sure if you remember
Thanks guys! I think she probably is as far along as she thinks. This is the fourth time this has happened She will still need a d and c bc she has a placenta, amneotic sac, etc... She is pregnant, there is just no baby. She has had two ultrasounds so far. With the last three, she delivered naturally, and since she was at about 3 months with all of them, it was extremely painful for her, so I don't blame her for wanting a d and c this time. That way they can get a good...
Hi All, I came on this board when I was ttc my second, and, knowing how much research you have all done, I was hoping you could point me in the right direction. My best friend is about to have her fourth miscarriage. With her first two, she found out at 3 months that there was no baby in the first place (phantom womb). She was theoretically pregnant, there was just no baby. She still had to deliver the placenta. With her third pregnancy, there was a baby, but a weak...
If this is in the wrong forum, please move I just have the hardest time defining time to work and time to be a mother and take care of the household needs. I just am trying to find every free moment I have to work. So, as many of you know with a baby, that means a task that would normally take 5 minutes can take 50 minutes, and it ends up just exhausting me. I want to take off Tuesdays and Thursday to be with the kids, take care of the finances, create a warm...