or Connect

Posts by ~PurityLake~

I'm a fellow sufferer. Both my girls are and for the most part I find what they say, how they say it, and how their minds work incredibly interesting and entertaining. But I, too, am an introvert and many times finding myself thinking, please shut up for a few minutes so I can have some peace!
My mother worked outside the home, which made me want to be a stay-at-home mom. She was always so busy, with work, with college, with her own life, I always felt we weren't as important to her as her own things. She was still involved in things, but not the way I would have liked. She was always telling me to leave her alone when she got home because she had so much to do: errands, pay bills, study, etc.
Quote: Originally Posted by amcal I understand it has other meanings, however, the way that it's being used in relation to this thread is the traditional form of "flirt" which means To make playfully romantic or sexual overtures or to talk or behave amorously The people saying that children are "flirting" aren't saying they're "turning their nose up" "sneering at" "toying with an idea" etc.... They're using it in the romantic form and it's inappropriate...
Quote: Originally Posted by 1stimestar So who has Facebook pages? My name is Georganne Hampton. Quote: Originally Posted by mamatoni I have a FB page, I am Toni Hawkins. Quote: Originally Posted by roadfamily6now I do Tammy gifford Quote: Originally Posted by Ak Mom Oh, I'm on fb too, Mistee St. Clair May I add all of you? Quote: Originally...
Quote: Originally Posted by freestyler OK, now back to the regular thread! I wish we all lived close to each other and could hang out. We'd understand each other, huh? I know, right?
Quote: Originally Posted by freestyler Hugs, Purity Lake! I'm glad someone understands. What do you do about your social anxiety issues? Is there anything that helps you? Or have you kind of given up? I sure wish I could give you a solution. I haven't found one. I still go out on occasion when my husband drags me somewhere. I try to interact, but I'm still uncomfortable around other people, even people that are acquaintances and not even...
Quote: Originally Posted by freestyler I think that because of a very rotten childhood, with plenty of abuse, I have developed pretty bad social anxiety, slowly but surely. I feel SO uncomfortable around people now. Like when I walk past strangers, I never know whether to make eye contact or not, whether they are "safe" people to make eye contact with or not (i.e. will they say rude things or be judgmental about my parenting or whatever.). I tend...
Quote: Originally Posted by HisBeautifulWife 3) I'm an introvert. So trying too hard would be exhausting for me. I am a one on one person- I don't like groups. And I really hate forcing myself to be social. Quote: Originally Posted by Rosedotcom I'm an introvert too and I am not working right now. It's really hard to make new friends. I can totally relate OP. Me, too. There's a whole tribe of us.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruthla So stop hinting. Have a talk with SIL and outright tell her "it bothers me when you use the word "flirt" to describe DD's interactions with boys. Please don't use it anymore." Maybe make it a bit longer and explain your reasons in more detail- but the important thing is to stop hinting and outright say it. Being up front about your feelings/thoughts is always the best way to go. This is important because her...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaleanani Seriously, DO people make "real" friendships in adulthood? Like best friends sort of thing? People you can really talk to about your life, get together with for a drink, cry on their shoulder and go see a movie and do stuff like that? Or is it really all about casual surface acquaintances at this point? I know I've posted a ton on this thread, but wanted to comment on this part of your post. When I was 28...