or Connect

Posts by Dave2GA

I am the lawyer who handled the case for the plaintiff.  I don't know why the jury did not award anything. They did not want to talk to me after the verdict. I guess they were not convinced there was any damage.  That was the doctor's position - essentially "no harm, no foul."  His lawyer argued essentially that "this is what we do to our children in this community."  We presented a wealth of evidence about the function of the foreskin and the losses caused by...
I always recommend Linda Madaras' book "The What's Happening to My Body? Book for Boys (3rd Ed.)."  The third ed. deals in detail with the intact penis, progressive retraction, hygiene, etc. without making circed boys feel bad.
Circumcision is the American insanity.  I sent a buddy, otherwise extremely intelligent and broad minded, a ton of info and even assured him I would not ask about his decision.  When his son was born he texted me in the middle of the night with the news.  I replied, "Congratulations, hope mom and baby are doing fine."  The next text from him was "Sorry, we just circumcised him."  He saw me a week or so later and hugged me and said "Sorry."  I replied, "Don't apologize to...
Have the pH of the pool checked.  That is usually the problem.  Although chlorine is a possibility.  Pools sometimes cause these problems in young boys.  It is almost always a contact dermatitis issue.
I think hlg2012 has the right idea.  It is very important that boys know the difference,  2.5 to 3 is not too early to tell an intact boy the difference.  He should be given permission to tell other boys, "That's my foreskin.  You had one too, but it was cut off.  Ask your mom."  This may seem harsh, but it is only fair that he be able to tell the truth.  No boy should have to stand by and be made fun of because he is normal.  Indeed, no boy should be made fun of at all,...
This is an extremely important effort.  It is vital that the pro-circers at CDC and WHO, etc. are challenged.  Attendance is also a vital source of information.  The admission by a CDC rep that the rate of circ in the US is down to about 1/3 was only seen at the Vienna conference last year.  If IA had not attended no one in the US would have known about this.  Support of IA and NOCIRC is extremely important.
My eldest did not fully retract until 8 and 1/2.   At 10 and 1/2 my youngest still was partially adherent at the corona of the glans on one side.  He has assured me he eventually became fully retractable (he is an adult now).  So your son is entirely normal and is right on track.  It takes to 10 and 1/2 for 50% of boys to be fully retractable.  That means that at that age 50% are not!  So many docs and nurses are ignorant of the normal development of the normal intact...
This study is by Maria Wawer, wife of Ronald Gray, who did the Uganda RCT on circ and HIV.  Gray is also listed as a contributor to the piece.  Wawer, you will recall, authored the "study" (also published by The Lancet) where 922 intact HIV+ males were enrolled, one-half were then circumcised, and all were let loose on their HIV- partners.  The purpose was to see if circumcision protected women from HIV transmission.  Funny enough the reverse was found to be true, the...
There is a story somewhere in which a young woman said that someone told her the intact penis looked like an anteater. Her intact brother commented that anteaters were optimally designed to do what they were supposed to do, i.e. eat ants. If you would cut the ends of their snouts off they would still be able to eat ants but not as well. He then said that the penis was optimally designed and that he was good at what he did (the implication being that he would not be as...
This is the third or fourth near miss I have heard about. We all know about the recent incident in Indiana where the baby died. I know of another one in Idaho where the baby died a couple of weeks later, apparently due to prior bleeding. None of these incidents have made it into the medical literature and none of them will. Parents considering circumcision need to know that the danger is very real. Any pediatric urologist who is honest will tell you of similar...