or Connect

Posts by mamasarah

I'm looking for something to put on my son at night...he's 3 1/2 and wets pretty much every night. He hates putting on anything bulky/reminiscent of the old cloth diapers we used, b/c he's a "big boy" now, and it seems the only thing he's comfortable in are pull-ups. I gave it a month to see how often he was wetting and realized that it's probably not going to change for a while, so I'd like to get some cloth! Any recommendations for an AIO that's super trim and...
Wow--I could've posted this thread. My name is even Sarah! I am in a very similar place and would love to talk to you about your journey. I am going to be lurking here a lot I think! Thank you.
ITA with grumpyshoegirl's "notecard" style birth plan. i have been doula to one mama and in my conversations with other doulas and midwives we have agreed that hospital personnell are too busy to read a birth plan! really, i know how important it is---so that's why i think keeping it short (really short) is the way to go. it's more important for you to be prepared than for you to tell them all the things you want, IMO. this is prime time for you to really tune in to...
definately checking out www.ican-online.org is a good idea... you can find a chapter that may be close to you. Finding the supportive caregiver is one part of the puzzle, but there are other pieces. Listen to yourself, figure out where you feel safest and what feels right. Read, ponder, research. It already sounds like you are well on your way. I wish you a wonderful pregnancy and VBAC
i have to say i am so touched by all of your posts. i know deep down that is why i came to this forum, b/c there are so many of you kind mamas out there trying to do what's right for your kids. thank you so much. i really do feel like i've tried to use different tools/post reminders and such, and so i think the thing which really got me here was 1. the reminder to be kind and gentle to myself and 2. to identify my triggers...possibly from childhood. i am always...
i am feeling so embarrassed about putting this out there, but i feel like i need some help. i am not looking for judgement....bear with me here. i really need some suggestions on how to handle my anger. i am feeling like there are some real anger issues and i am afraid to talk to anyone. i DO NOT hit my kids. the problem is that i completely flip out, screaming and sometimes grabbing an arm way too hard. this really scares me, and to me it is the equivalent of...
i came to mdc tonight b/c i'm thinking about this kind of thing too... (for ex: what age should my dd be able to sleep in her own bed, etc.) my dd is 4 1/2, my son is almost 2, and both sleep with me. dd weaned when she was 2 1/4 and it went pretty smooth. since then she can fall asleep on her own with dh or i next to her, and i remember thinking when she was 2 that i'd never see the day! (both kids are/were super dependent on the na-na's for sleeping.) i guess my...
another pro-hypnobirthing response here! i practiced hypnobirthing and had a HBAC last march. i was very relaxed through nearly all of my labor and comfortable...but let's put it this way...the last hour 1/2 i definately didn't "breathe" my baby down! i took a much more active, loud role! i think the guided relaxation really helped but i think a major part of it for me was the positive attitude and visualization, as well as the trust in my body. i highly recommend...
just a suggestion... i don't know if you've already done this, but asking around for homebirth midwives might lead you to someone that wouldn't be found in a directory or something... my HBAC was with a midwife that is not certified. she was found by word of mouth and she is an amazing and wonderful woman. she was totally the "one" for me and i wouldn't have taken another midwife no matter what. maybe even a search here on the FYT forum for areas surrounding you...
my advice... i think "thinking" about it too much or worrying or whatever will just make the baby take longer to come! i mean, i would hate to be under the time constraints of the hospital, but it would do y our friend good to just try to take some time to herself and visualize a wonderful, timely vbac. she needs to just relax and do some positive visualization. i think this works wonders. maybe she should try talking to her baby about coming soon, too.