or Connect

Posts by bobandjess99

the *hilarious* p[art of that is....my experience has been that the "social butterfly" actually fares REALLY POORLY in school.  Because...school is not a place to socialize.  You can't talk in class. you can't talk in the hallways (at many schools these days).  At best you might be allowed to talk at lunch and at recess.  MAYBE if you have a special like gym.  But that's it.  Any other time..you are DISCIPLINED for talking in school!!!!     I simply don't understand...
The titan is one of the smaller seats on the market.  It RF to 35 lbs, and FF to 50, although those weight limits are *incredibly* unrealistic.  Most kids outgrow the seat RFing by about 18 months old and about 20-25 pounds, and FFing by about 3 years old and 30-40 pounds.     Now, you will never get a seat where the height and weight limits magically correlate...because each kid is going to have a different height and weight combination....BUT..we know that some...
errr.  My 3 - will be 4 in december kid can barely scribble.  He has *zero* interest in writing/coloring.    
That's one big 5.5 year old!!  Most kids make it another 1-3 years longer in the nautilus harness.   Did she outgrow the weight (65 lbs) or did she outgrow the height (top slot of 18.5 inches)?  Knowing how she outgrew it can help us recommend other options for you :) (also, are you certain she outgrew it?  Sometimes parents don't realize if you move the headrest up, there is a fourth harness slot underneath there :) )  The thing about the nautilus is that it does...
I too would pursue this, it does not sound normal.  My 18 month old broke his leg, but it was from the big kids jumping on him on the trampoline(ya, that was addressed).  And it was a multiple fracture, and took 4 weeks to heal completely.    I hope the drs are able to figure out what is wrong. 
  I assume your child does not go to a public school?  Because no public school could possibly enforce such a thing, and the fact that one might have even tried to MAKE such a rule in  the first place makes me furious.    
OMG this. yes, yes yes this.  Telling people stuff earlier than you have to just invites aggravation.  It's so much easier to tell people after the fact if possible, but as late as possible otherwise.  Unfortunately, since schooling is something that goes on and on,(unlike say, a homebirth where you can be like, "oh, baby is here and was born at home and we are all wonderful thanks) chances are you will still get naysayers and flack, but there is no need for it to start...
I agree take her on the big bus.  Also..would she even ride the bus?  My town HAS buses, but since most kids live within .5 mile ofthe elem school they go to , hardly any elem kids get to ride them anyway..you have to walk/be taken to school. 
The frontier is definitely above average in difficult installs, but yes, there are some vehicles in which it goes in extremely smoothly.  Congratulations :)  As to the latch vs seatbelt ..well, it depends on the car.  In some vehicles, a latch installation works great...in others, not so much.  In some vehicles, a seat belt install works great...and others not so much...in still others the long belt path works great, but not others...you get the pattern here right? LOL....
LOL.  My son did that to me.  He had TWO words one month before turning 2 years old.  I do developmental screening as an entry for First Steps in my state..i KNEW that he was delayed according to the tests.  But I also knew in my mommy gut that he was fine.  Which is really hardto listen to when all your training tells you *this kid should be in speech therapy!!!*.  And then.  A few days before turning 2.  He just...started talking.  Like...complete sentences. By 2 and a...