or Connect

Posts by bobandjess99

There is a picture at car-seat.org of 4 rearfacing kids in a 5. :)  It's very, very doable.  
I'm not trying to push unschooling, I'm not.  I think effective homeschooling can take many forms, including organized curriculum, etc.   But..I think you skipped the very important step of deschooling.   I know when the kids are older and you are trying to "keep up" with peers, it can seem like you simply do not have that TIME to stop and deschool, but I also think that is why homeschooling FAILS for a lot of parents who " try it for a year" when their kids are...
http://anthropology.unt.edu/grad-online.php online masters in anthro, supposed to be a great program.    If you dont have enough undergrad anthro credits, you have to take one addt'l course prior to entering the program, to get you up to speed.  
For us, the main benefit of owning is that we will eventually..OWN the place.  Which is what is going to allow us to retire.   No more housing payment is key to that goal.  Sure, we'll have taxes and insurance, but those aren't much.  So for us, it's absolutely worth it. 
I would, as long as the agreement was satisfactory in terms of what "outside" means, etc.  BUT..be sure you actually SAVE the money you will supposed to be saving.  I know that it becomes easy to simply raise your standard of living i.e., buy more stuff, toys, games, eat out more, etc, instead of making sure to use that money you are saving to ACTUALLY pay down the debt.  :)
what the previous poster said.     I found that what really helped was having some yummy junk around the house, quick prep convenience meals, etc.   i found that i was going to the store and getting all nice healthy foods......which tended to be annoying to prepare.  And if pre-preparation wasn't done, like thawing, etc....well, we had nothing to eat.   I have to have QUICK and EASY and YUMMY foods in the house.   Basically, i have to make what we have at...
Ok, please try to listen to what I'm saying without getting defensive.  *You are clearly still in the wrong mentality* .    And I get it, I really do.  But let's look at it...you are in the situation you are in, and your first instinct is to.....run to the store and BUY STUFF.   No, don't start arguing.  Don't start justifying how much you NEED the things you are going to buy.  Don't point out how cheap they are.  Stop, pause, breathe, think.    I'm talking...
We LOVE playing around with people about age and relationship lol.     We've actually made people run out of the room in horror. lol.     MY dh has children ages 27, 26, 18, 15, 13, 6 and 3.  His grandchildren are ages 7, 6, 3, 3, 2, 2 .        I remember once, right after me, his oldest daughter, and his daughter in law had all had our first child (the kids who are now 6, 6 and 7 ) and he took us all to Dairy queen after the zoo.  So it was my dh, me27,...
It's not really an option to FF her, in terms of safety.  If you were 100% certain that letting her play in the street would make her happy, would you do it?  Or stick a fork in the lightsocket?  No, of course not.  FF is the same thing.  It's not safe.   I agree to the DVD player, saved my LIFE.  Or toys or put her seat more upright or get another seat or give her snacks and sippies, promise her a car when she is 16, buy her a unicorn, let her scream..whatever.  It's...
???  I'm sorry, I don't usually come to this forum, so I'm not sure what "off the grid" means.  Do you not have heat in your house?   I stay warm by having a furnace, and using it.  We keep the thermostat at 70-72 all winter long.  We also have space heaters in the basement rooms, because they stay colder.  When we leave the house, I put on a coat and boots, and try not to linger outside, just straight to the car, and then from car into the store or wherever we are...