or Connect

Posts by bobandjess99

My state allows for a legal separation.  You go through the process sort of like divorce, but at the end, you are declared legally separated, as opposed to divorced.  It's valid for up to one year.  It's supposed to give you time to decide if you want to divorce or stay together, but it gives you autonomy and some legal freedom during that time.   It is not a long-term status. 
i need more information.   There are NO evenflo carseats that HARNESS to 100 pounds.  Probably what you bought was a combination seat which converts from a harnessed seat, into a booster.  Most of those style seats only HARNESS to 40 pounds, and then act as a booster seat - using the vehicle seat belt, until 100 pounds.     Please give us the name of the seat, that will help, as well as the height and weight of your child.     If it is an evenflo that is 2...
DD has been able to since young, because she HATES liquid medicine.  By age 4 i was crushing adult pills and putting them in applesauce, and by 4.5 - 5 she was swallowing them whole.  It changed our LIFE.  Medicine used to be such a fight, now it's not.  I can't wait til ds learns.  
Just wanted to add that in addition to the online boards, there are books they publish about travel to disney that have so much information.  I've read several of them now (planning for our own trip in a few years :) ) and there is so much stuff I wouldn't have thought of, details about weather, rides, food, shows, transpo, park layout..even tips like "training" before hand, because you end up walking for like 7 miles a day or something on your trip, and for some people,...
You can go to the site and input your information, and get a quote.  Then you'll need to add in airfare or whatever transportation, etc.  Obviously, the number and ages of your kids, and how many days/nights you'll be staying will be necesary to know, as well as where you will stay, and how you will get there.  Chances are it will be anywhere from a couple thousand to as much as triple that, depending on what you choose.  Obviously a 4 night vacation at a generic hotel...
I definitely swing the opposite direction of most of the posters in this thread, and say give him more freedom, less direction. :)   If I tried to Homeschool with me deciding what we were going to do when, I would absolutely be on here, writing about how HS wasn't working for us, how dd was miserable, how i was miserable, how we spent all day fighting and how dd wouldn't do her work, and how exasperated ans stressed I was over the whole deal.  I would absolutely feel...
This is mny 6 yo dd to a T.  I just have to leave her be.  She does a LOT of her work alone, and the work we do together os mostly me modeling or explaining, ant NOT her trying to do it herself. 
i think it completely depends on how attached your children are.  My daughter LOVES her animals.  Like, each and every one.  She plays with them more than anything else.  They are her BABIES.  She would be extraordinarily distressed to have any of her babies taken away from her.  It would be *cruel* of me to do so.  now, ds?  eh.  He couldn't care less about stuffed animal toys.  So..for a child who doesn't really care about them, sure I think you can cull down to a...
I'm sort of shocked that the thread is this long, and noone has mentioned the fact that ...she has a 12 yo daughter, right?  Who might be newish to the whole period deal, and could easily have had an "accident" in the bathroom?  That was my very first thought, and I couldn't believe I was reading post after post with noone else mentioning that possibility.  i mean, it was a few fresh drops, right?  not like..months and months worth of uncleaned blood all...
its stinks.  Is there ANY way you could swing homeschooling?  (I only say this because the OP has said she would like to, i am NOT pushing a "homeschool is always better" approach)   I don't know your situation, but I know homeschooling can work in many working-parent situations, unless part of the issue is that you are dependent upon the "free daycare" that the school provides.  My husband and I both work, and we still homeschool.  Our kids go to daycare, and yet we...