or Connect

Posts by JeanneCNM

Hi Cynthia and all,  I just wanted to add to your growing resource list.  I am a CNM with homebirth practice in Spearfish, SD.  I am in the process of establishing the first birth center in the North and South Dakota, Wyoming region here in Spearfish.  I am caring for folks from Williston area already who  birth here at the Womankind Clinic. Check us out at www.womankindmidwifery.com  we are also on facebook at WomanKind Midwifery.  Jeanne Prentice, CNM
Hello Montana and ND Mothers and birth advocates (aka:birth junkies).  This is Jeanne from WomanKind in Spearfish.  I received word 2 weeks ago that a law was changed that will allow a CNM home birth practice in ND.  I am considering a satellite clinic in Bowman, ND if that would be of benefit to any of you who are looking for an option.  I am wondering if there is support for this or if your group would be interested in establishing it's own "birth home"?  Please email...
The midwifery board has just been appointed by the governor. It will take a while for them to meet and develop the rules and regulations that need to be written and before licenses can be issued. Right now, I am unaware of any CPMs that reside IN WYOMING that would qualify for licensure according to the current laws. That is why the board members are primiarly from adjacent states.
If you have seen "The Business of Being Born" you have seen Robbie Davis-Floyd. Robbie will be making an appearance at the Annual Mountain Midwives Labor Day conference being held in Spearfish, SD on Labor Day weekend. The Saturday afternoon session of the conference is open to birth advocates, doulas, aspiring midwives and moms/dads. There is also a banquet that evening with Robbie. Go to www.mountainmidwivesconference.com to make your reservation or register for the...
Hi Wholewheatchick, I fit both Femcaps and diaphragms. I like them because they do not affect your cycle whatsoever. Your cycle is hormone dependent. Neither of these methods have a hormonal influence. Jeanne Prentice, CNM
Please feel free to contact me for information on homebirth midwives in your area. I cover the northereastern state from Casper to Gillette and on to Sheridan and anything East of this including Newcastle, Torrington. I have the contact information for the 3 other homebirth CNMs. : Jeanne Prentice, CNM 605-580-5495 jeanneprentice@gmail.com www.womankindmidwifery.com