or Connect

Posts by isadore

Am I understanding right that you are looking for an umbrulla school. We use Clonlara which is in Ann Arbor. They send you the curriculum they use in their school (it's a private academy) but as a guide to what other kids are doing at a certain grade level. I personally like this. We mostly unschool and the people at clonlara are open totally to unschooling. Our experience with them has been very pleasant. As far as starting. You daughter will let you know what...
My son is in preschool, but will be homeschooled for K and beyond. There was a parent's meeting today with the director. She was talking about socialization and readiness for kindergarden. I like the director and runs her preschool in a very "child-led" manner which is why we sent our son there. Anyway, I brought up that we were homeschooling and offered suggestions for "socialization" that doesn't include school. The director said, "well, when you homeschool, you are...
I tell people what she lacks in size she has in spirit...she is all fire!!!! well, you know "well behaved women rarely make history" and my lil' baby girl is going to rock this world!!!! Holly
I have a 17 month old who I nurse to sleep nap and bed time. After she falls sleeps I lay her down. After 20 min to an hour she wakes up, and needs to be held the rest her of nap and bedtime...she sleeps in bed with me. My husband holds her while he is at the computer at night until he comes to bed. It's not the most convenient thing, but we go with it. I am beginning to worry if I am setting her up for future sleep problems. I don't mind nursing her to sleep, but it...
I have a peanut myself. She's almost 18 months and weights 17 pounds!!!! I think I win. I had docs freak out and wanted me to put her in the hospital to be tube fed! I had to sign an AMA (Against medical advise) She's breastfed, eats organic food, but not alot, only has had a few colds, and developementally she's ahead. They tested her when her weight became a big deal. Her only "symptom" is that she's small. I did allow blood tests and they came back fine. You...
We have two cats, two dogs, two fire belly toads, and my husband raises chameleons. We just got a house so we probably will get more cats and another dog. I love animals and I think it does teach kids alot about responsibility and respect of different creatures. It's especially fun since we ALL (except the toads, of couse) sleep in the same bed! H.
I am going through the same thing with my 4.5 year old. We are also planning on homeschooling, but I think preschool is a good experience and I haven't found a homeschool group yet (at least one that isn't Christian based). My DS is freaked about me leaving. I am planning on staying with him outside the room for a while until he is ready for me to go. The school is EXTREMELY supportive. The director even said to me, "you do whatever you feel you need to do to get your...
well, I don't have any wonderful words of encouragement because my son is acting the same way!!!!!! He'll be five in two weeks and I hope things change. It's been really hard to see my sweet baby boy that way. I AM WITH YOU ON THIS ONE!!! What helps sometimes is I tell him off. I don't yell or belittle him. I do let him know that I love him but the way he is behaving is pissing me off and the I will not hang out with someone who treats me bad. I think it's healthy...
My son will be five in two weeks and he suddenly has separation anxiety. He went to preschool last year and did fine, but this year it's not going too well. Wed. he absolutely flipped out! He doesn't want to play with other kids, he just wants me. Should I be concerned? Has anyone else experienced this? He's also so angry. Holly
I just checked the website, and there's nothing there..HMMM!! The report said that basically enrollment inPS is down 15 percent and more and more parents are homeschooling, and well, they don't like that. So CA made it illegal to homeschool unless you are a certified teacher. Check into this if you are in CA!!!! Holly