or Connect

Posts by grisletine

Quote: good point brought up that there is a bit of a fuzziness in the term 'time out.' there is a difference between using time out as a punishment and then simply seeing a need for some space. i have occasionally given myslef space from my tantruming toddler. my problem with punitive timeout is that to a child it maybe seen as a withdrawal of love until child "behaves",or conditional love..
i think "punished by rewards": by alfie kohn also addresses this.
happy birthday to you both! well, in my opinion, the power struggles of the "terrible twos and threes" come from adversarial relationships as opposed to working together. if i were you id be less worried about whether or not she listens to your "no", and more concerned about retaining her trust. at this point its unlikely that she understands exactly what you mean: that you are telling her what to do, and may think of it as a game. maybe it would be easier to...
browneyedgirl: are you feeling discouraged because you would like to relate to your son in a more gentle and connecting manner? but you also need "to get the job done"? may i suggest a few things? i am not a big fan of the theory, "some things just have to be forced". my daughter is 20 months and uses the potty to poop every day. we go daiper free most of the time{except at night and naptime} and she occasionally pees on the floor but she is becoming more and...
im sorry - thats not what i meant - i obviously didnt use the right words. i just meant that we all have our hardships to deal with. some things are easy to talk about and some are hard. i didnt mean to sound like that. i know i am lucky to have my baby. please dont take me wrong. i dont mean to make this harder for you.
{{{xiolasmom}}} oh definitely feel proud, you did the best thing! i just want to offer another perspective. i was planning a homebirth and went through several days of labour before we discovered by baby was breech. my midwives freaked out and rushed me to the hosp, where they systematically scared me and rushed me and lied to me and gave me an unnecessary c sec. its a little hard not to be jealous.. although i never told anyone to stop talking about it, r made...
i have a recipe for lip balm here. 2tsp beeswax 1tsp cocoaa butter 1 tsp lanoln {or just use 2 tsp cocoa butter if you dont like lanolin.} 1tblsp sweet almond oil 5 drops vit e oil essential oil makes one tube, give or take.
for teething biscuits/cookies. anybody?
tnrnsmom - i have thought of the difference in interest thing. i hope i didnt sound as if {i was saying} it is unfair to have them close that is not what i meant... for that girl it was bad they were close. for you it is good. i bet for me it would be hard. in answer to your question: then we dont take a bath or get in the carseat. i would feel better if she was more aware of the situation. im sure the way you treat them, in reference to the baby, has a lot to do...
i know im definitely going to wait until my baby can consent to it... probably until shes almost 3 as someone else said. i cant help thinking about it though.. thank you all for some interesting thoughts. i know a girl who had 2 very close... she was 2 months pp and got pg. she resented her children heavily for her lack of freedom. i always feel bad for her kids. im not sayig it always turns out that way but it just always sticks in my mind. she just couldnt...