or Connect

Posts by Kishor'sMami

sorry ladies, i dont get to post very often. computer time always eludes me. but i like to read alot... julie, i know what you mean about wanting a daughter. i'm a little over the intensity of it... getting used to my two boys. but i did want to say, your boys are BEAUTIFUL!!! so cute to see the pics... and i can totally relate to the younger one being the older one's sidekick. it's so cool. i'm so glad i had another boy. my little ds always follows around and...
i dont think you're being paranoid at all. my son almost always gets sick when he's around other sick kids, and the preschools i've visited always have a sick kid or two. my dh was going into surgery, bone marrow transplant. during and after he had low immune system, for almost 2 months. so we restricted ds from too many visits to the park, playing with other kids who are sick or major germ breeding public places. we just had fun in lots of other ways. of course...
I can't believe I've been coming to mothering.com and reading posts for more than 4 years. But I never needed to come to this portion of the website, and I never realized that Elimination Communication meant 'potty training'! My, how stupid I feel! Well, I've been parenting naturally for more than 3 years, baby wearing, natural drugfree birth, sleeping with babies, bf, responding to cries, etc. But I never realized there was a way to naturally potty train. I *do*...
pheobe, just wondering how did you name your son, manu? such a beautiful name! in sanskrit and vedic history, manu is the 'father of mankind'...
Wow, it feels good to know that i'm not the only one who has this problem! my older ds 3.5, rocked to sleep till he was around 3. younger ds (11 month baby) was born when older ds was 2.5, so i had to gradually 'wean' him of rocking so that i could take care of the baby. still, many evenings, i would be cuddled with both of them in the rocking chair... gradually going to sleep. Older ds is now beginning to be able to fall asleep on the bed; he's realizing that the...
I definitely need room darkening blinds! MA Mommy, can you tell us (me) how those ones you ordered from JCPenney turn out? Are they easy to install? Do they really block out all the light or just most of it? Thanks in advance, kishor'smami
Bethwl, so saadd but so funny! but dont they just pick up on everything! we were driving home yesterday, when someone cut me off on the freeway. I whispered under my breath, Idiot! Ds (3 yrs old) heard me and in his little highpitched toddler voice says, 'Mommy, EEDDEEUT is all gone! (idiot is all gone)." It was hilarious! The way he said idiot, just hilarious. Dh says to ds, 'Vraju, be careful!'. Ds says: I'm carefuling. :LOL
Hi ladies, well, i've been lurking for many months now, on and off. I was an avid writer around when my first ds was born, but since then haven't had much time. You guys are such a great group of mamas, and it's so relaxing to read your stories and your babies' stories. My dh was diagnosed with a rare type of bone marrow cancer about 8months ago... first there was diabetes, then neuropathy (numbness tingling in his toes and fingers which progressed to total muscle...
I started this thread/poll when I had just given birth to my first ds 3 years ago. Since then I've had so many queries as to how my second birth was. Well, it was very sweet, all natural birth in a hospital with a midwife... lights dim, music, candles, laboring in any position, laboring with water, and I delivered fast on a hands and knees position. My bonding was 2nd ds was immediate; I fell in love as soon as I looked into his little eyes. Of course, I was not...
I can MAJORLY relate!! He's always crawling away with a poopy butt! And he thinks it HILARIOUS!! Of course, my older one tries to keep him busy for me, but I think that makes Nitai (the baby) think it's time to play. I do remember this with older ds as well. Of course, it is definitely humorous... I just try harder and harder to get interesting toys. I also put my hair up in a bun and singing a little song, toss my head and the bun from side to side. That seems to...