or Connect

Posts by renaissanceed

I'm thinking Junior Kindergarten (age 4ish)...
My DD (also a Miriam) and I started reading the RAinbow Magic just shortly after she turned 3.  She's just turned 5 now and we are still reading them;  but thankfully they are interspersed with a lot of  other chapter books.  I thought they were a decent introduction to the idea of a chapter book but so so so very formulaic and so so so very boring for me to read.  The writing was - acceptable, I'd say, the plots identical, the goblins only a bit scary for a while but...
  Didn't do much today:   Freecycled: 1 pr ballet shoes 2 pieces artwork   New total:  123/2011   I'm going to do some sewing tonight - 2 prs pants and 1 skirt and since the huge piles of fabric will hopefully slowly decrease as I start to make stuff from it, I think this is kind of creative decluttering.  
Dishes all clean and put away tonight;  again kids helped with after dinner clean up and I just finished unloading the dishwasher.    I think the key for me is to pick one task, like dishes and do it for a month before adding a new one.  Then it's a routine and it's easier to add something new.  This worked really well for me a couple of years ago when I wanted to make sure I had my vitamins daily and started flossing and drinking enough water - I just did them one...
I try to limit them to two activities at a time.   Swimming is usually 14 weeks and is about $70 but we are skipping swimming this session and just going as a family to the Y on the weekends.   DD is in gymnastics at a private centre and it's expensive - about $400 for 7 months.  DS just started with gymnastics and his is $170 for 3 months.   They also got enrolled in a yoga class and it's $110 total for both of them for 2 1/2 months.   However since I...
I moved everything we want to sell to my office in the hopes that it would drive me insane and I would sell it faster.   I also moved the huge yoga ball here to get it out of the way when we hosted potluck on NYE.  Now, it really has no home.  It roams around the house, rolling this way and that way, irritating me but also being nice to sit on and I use it to exercise on occasion.   But it's huge...  and it has not home.  And I'm not sure we use it enough to...
Went grocery shopping today and only bought two things not on my list, both of which were consumed at dinner tonight, so that means no 'extra' stuff for the pantry to store!
Dropped of boxes today full of stuff!   Donated to fundraising book sale:   69 books   Gave to midwifery clinic:   tons of old issues of The Birthvine (journal I'm now editing) - probably about 50 but I"m going to call it 5 items since it's like 5 huge books   Gave to friend:   more old issues of Birthvine - will count this as 1 item   Took to consignment store:   12 items clothing   Trashed:   5 items expired makeup   Recycled:   2 old catalogues   New total ...
We had this problem too and used a basket approach.  We corralled the ones that were overflowing into one basket and now they hang out together and don't get in the way of everything else in the fridge and if we need something, we just pull the basket out and pluck out the correct item as opposed to moving 14 small bottles all over the place and getting irritated.  I've also tried to start planning meals to include the sauces we have and even started a list posted on the...
Doing good so far!   DD and I loaded the dishwasher after dinner and then washed the dishes that didn't fit.  (DS and DH cleaned the toys/living room.)  Then after the kids were in bed I went downstairs with DH while he made his lunch and I unloaded the dishwasher.  There are two dirty dishes in it right now from DH's late night snacking, but that's fine with me!