or Connect

Posts by Annikate

Quote: Originally Posted by chickabiddy Currently, the only boosters that LATCH are the Sunshine Kids Monterey and the Britax Frontier in booster mode. The Jane Indy Plus LATCHes, but is discontinued. The upcoming Clek Oobr will LATCH (the current Cleks LATCH but are backless.) Yes, most boosters do not attach to the car. The job of a booster is to properly position the seatbelt on the child. The seatbelt restrains the child, just like it restrains...
So here's another question that I couldn't find the answer to while searching last night: Do the boosters (with the back) use the LATCH system? Or do they just 'sit there' on the seat? I read one review last night that made it sound like they are not secured by anything other than the regular seatbelt. : I can't imagine that's true . . .
Quote: Originally Posted by MCatLvrMom2A&X The name of dd's seat is Graco Safe Seat Step 3 Turbo booster. It is supposed to be here tomorrow : Huh. That looks a lot like this and it's a lot cheaper!
Quote: Originally Posted by an_aurora Are her shoulders still under the top straps? As far as boosters go, I'd look at something with good SIP (side impact protection), like the Britax Parkway, Sunshine Kids Monterrey, and Recaro Vivo. Of those, the tallest is the Monterrey. Yes, her shoulders are still under the top straps. I was just looking at the Parkway but it does not convert to backless and I think I'm going to eventually want that. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by WuWei The fermented CLO is nasty, yucky, horrible. But, it is only 1/8-1/4 teaspoon or so. I'm not sure it is much worse than the regular CLO, though. Pat Oh no! The BI cinnamon was the only one I could handle. lol Is the fermented cinnamon flavored too?
My almost 6 year old dd is ready to move out of her Britax. She does not weigh 60 pounds and so we *can* use it longer, however, her legs are really long and today she sat in a friend's booster and was MUCH more comfortable. What are the best kinds for safety? I think I want to find a good one that has a back - we won't be taking the back off for a while I don't think. I found the Britax through recs from MDC mamas, so here I am again asking, what do you all...
I always used BI cinnamon but have not tried the fermented. Does it taste the same? Do you take the same amount?
This is a norm referenced test I believe and so yes, she's compared to other (mostly public schooled) kids in the nation. What were her percentiles? You can't evaluate giftedness on the basis of one test alone. Lots of other things are taken into consideration when assessing that. I wouldn't worry about challenging her more if she seems happy. It sounds like you're doing a fabulous job!
Wowee! That is incredible. There are sooo many wonderful things for us eh? One more thing to blog about . . .
Quote: Originally Posted by EviesMom I just got stuff from Blick and Lakeshore Learning today. Both seem like good quality stuff. I'm pleased that the Lakeshore playdough came in little packets within the giant tub so I can take out a little at a time easily, it was pretty easy to mold, not slimy,etc. It smells different than PlayDoh brand, but not bad. And it's gluten and corn free! I think it was $8-9 for a ginormous tub. Seriously!? I had...