or Connect

Posts by LisainCalifornia

Quote: Originally Posted by MommyKelly People always ask us where is our TV. Followed by they either think I am kidding, or ask me " What do you do to keep the kids quiet?" Which I find sad. I notice the toys if they are out, or I try to see whats on the bookcase if there is one. That is interesting--because I have never used our tv to keep anyone (including kids) quiet--just to watch and enjoy--just like we enjoy the computer which I am...
I put clean linens on the beds every weekend, but more often if needed. I love the feeling of clean sheets--it really is the little things in life like that that make life a pleasure. Sheets that aren't washed very often harbor dustmites--and just thinking about that gives me the heebie-jeebies. Clean sheets tonight! I even ironed them with some lavender oil, which smells so heavenly.
Quote: Originally Posted by earthmama4 I am sorry, but the more details you post about this child, the more ASD traits I see. The covering the ears at the loud sounds and taking an adults hand to point at things were both in the red flags videos I observed on a website called Autism Speaks. I am not convinced that your friend's child does not have social deficits based solely on his ability to approach and interact with other children. I...
Since you asked--yes, those things would "hit my radar". Whatever the heck that means! Especially the 5 year old using a potty seat. Even if she typically cleans it up herself (and if she is 5 and still using a seat, I'll bet that self-clean-up is pretty darn messy, if you catch my drift) the fact that she doesn't do it all the time and someone else has to do it for her is just sort of gross. When my kids were in their 2's and training, cleaning the seat (by dumping...
It sounds like this was a rhetorical question since you already know you are going and have someone lined up to watch your child. Hopefully you will have a nice night out, and your child will indeed be "fine" (I am not sure what the definition of fine is here...). I find that I can actually re-connect with my husband better at home away from the hustle and bustle of going out (especially on a night like New Years Eve). A little take out, nice glass of wine, some...
I think it is just a personality thing with her--this is just who she is. Yes, it may be annoying, but really--her heart sounds like it is in the right place. Trying to change this about her is probably impossible. Someday, it may be what you miss most about her, too. That is what I have realized about my mom. The things she use to do that would drive me bonkers I now feel nostalgic about (she recently died). I definitely wouldn't cut her out of your life--and I am...
I wrap everything from us, but Santa gifts are left out unwrapped.
I don't have a Korean MIL, but I do have an Ecuadorian MIL--and there are some cultural similarities. I also am a Korean Drama addict, and from those (don't laugh) I have seen the reality of the Korean mother or mother in law. There is a powerful cultural difference there that really cannot be denied. There is a world of difference between your typical U.S. (or Canadian) mother in law, and a Korean mother in law. Laying down "boundaries" like we all like to say...
As a mom with a child who is on the spectrum (Aspergers) and an older one who is very "spectrum-ish" in his own way (we thought he was just very, very quirky as a kid--and he was the hand-flapping king), I understand your worries and anxiety. The good news is that this is still your same little boy, and even if he does rest somewhere on the ASD, he and you will eventually be okay. You may need services along the way and need to adjust your expectations on certain things,...
My husband and son do, but honestly--from your description, it sounds more like ADHD to me. Have you considered that? It is easy to test for thyroid with a blood panel screening, so you could do that and then move on if it is normal.