or Connect

Posts by kkd

I am in the same situation.  My ped only has Infanrix on hand currently, and my DD has received 1 shot of Daptacel.  It's the only vax she has had and I'd like to complete this series before considering any others.  I have read that it is preferable to continue with the same type once a series has started, if possible.  I called a local pharmacy and asked if they could order a vax with a prescription, and they said yes - but they checked on Daptacel and it is on back...
I only have one recent experience, and it was so upsetting.  Have to take it with a grain of salt that it was only one event, but here is my two cents!  My neice had a baby via c-section at Swedish Edmonds, a 10lb+ boy about a week ago.  She has been eager to breastfeed, and the baby initially latched really well.  But, she contacted me the day after taking him home- had a ton of trouble trying to get him to latch and he would cry every time she would try to nurse him. ...
Hi- An eastside get together is a great idea!  Especially this time of year when meeting outside usually works.  We live in Sammamish and there are lots of great places to meet. It would be fun to meet some other Mothering mamas.
No, no major milestones that I can think of - the only thing I could think of was elimination of pacifier use awhile back.  Of course she seems to change/learn/do new things just about every day - so who knows!    Yes, I've done don't offer/don't refuse for quite awhile, and that seemed to be "working" in terms of her skipping nursing sessions now and then.  But- as you pointed out- it may just be that we are past the age of out of sight/out of mind.  Interesting...
Just curious on your opinions/theories on why my DD is suddenly much more interested in nursing.  She's 2 1/2, and I thought she was getting close to weaning.  We have had a few 24 hour periods here and there where she did not nurse in the last couple months.  If DH is around she is sufficiently distracted to not think about nursing for bedtime or after waking.  So, with him home quite a bit over Christmas break I thought perhaps she'd wean.  On the contrary, she is...
Ditto that - same experience here.  
I LOVE the Pottete Potty seat that someone recommended - I take it with us everywhere.  You can use it in the car with a plastic bag under it, outdoors on the ground, or on a public potty.  On a public potty, I put one of the paper toilet seat things down, then the seat, and that way she doesn't touch anything icky, and the seat doesn't get icky either. For accident prevention, you can use a waterproof cover over her underwear - I've had super good luck with the Dappi...
Who knew that finding rain boots could be such a challenge!  My DD has small feet, so that's the first hard part- is finding them in size 5.  And- I wanted to find boots made out of rubber, not synthetic/PVC.  I bought a pair of Pluie Pluie boots, and they had no information on them - on the packaging or the boots.  I called the company and they said they are made out of rubber, no PVC, but they smell kind of chemical-ly to me.  I've heard that Western Chief boots are...
My DD is 27 mos, and we're heading into the colder months...she is sleeps in a crib, so I don't have "real" bedding per se, she usually just has a small blanket in with her, that doesn't stay on her for long, with her moving around.  What kind of blanket/covers do you use, for your toddler?  I'm thinking that she is old enough that I could get use a larger blanket or comforter in her bed to keep her warm?  She does have a tendency to wake up and cry 4-5am timeframe, and...
When you were at the beach was the set up and clothing such that she could go to the potty by herself?  I think for my DD, that made the difference.  For some reason she doesn't communicate "I have to go" but she runs to the potty now on her own.  My DD is a little over 2, and we recently transitioned to being in underwear all the time (except bedtime). At home, I dress her in pants that she can pull down by herself and keep the bathroom door open so she can access the...