or Connect

Posts by IamIris

This is the story of the birth of our 3rd son, Cirdan Birch. Born January 2nd, 2006, (his due date) at 1:45a.m. This was our 1st UC ... our other 2 sons were home-waterbirths with a midwife. My labor began in earnest on the morning of December 31st, 2005, early, (around 6:30ish). I woke up having contractions about 5 minutes apart and fairly intense. I ate, had some wheat grass and walked around a bit, swaying through the contractions, typed a couple messages and...
I did pass a piece of placenta last night and I anticipate that there's still more stuff to come. I have cervical pressure as I type this and my flow can have an odor sometimes. I feel pretty confident that it will all come out though and the sooner the better it kinda sucks and I wish I hadn't pulled it apart when the baby was born, but MOST of it was sitting on my cervix and it was such overwhelming pressure I just wanted to get rid of it right away. I have heard of...
It actually seemed to be membrane rather than placenta ... I called our old MW last night and asked her about it after I got a better idea of what it was and she told me to just pull it out ... which I did. I felt better IMMEDIATELY but I'm not 100% sure that that was everything. After I thought about it, I realized that when I got the placenta out the night that Cirdan was born, I passed the placenta (and at that point was quite sure it was complete) but I thought that...
I had my UC baby on Jan. 2 at 1:45a.m. it went pretty well. There was a tight cord around his neck, at least 4 times and I had a little trouble with getting the placenta out. I guess I retained a little bit because I just found a string of something coming out of me ... it seems to still be attached. Does anyone know what I should do to help get it out? We named our baby Cirdan Birch BTW ... he's beautiful and perfect and we love him a lot. I'll share the birth story...
Getting close though. I'm due anytime (technically between the 31st and Jan. 2) I have (on avg.) 29 day cycles so I set my due at Jan. 2 to accomodate that but Dec. 31 would be just as good I think we're getting pretty close. For the most part, we've got everything ready ... pool is inflated, birth supplies are in the birth room, DH calls me every 45 minutes when he has to be out without us (he's so worried that things will go fast this time and he'll miss the...
I just wanted to suggest that if you haven't already gone #2, it might make you feel more confident if you press a warm, wet, washcloth over your perineum when you finally get the guts to 'go' Hugs & congratulations on your amazing birth and wonderful new DD!! Angel
That was a beautiful birth. Thank you so much for sharing with us! I loved it ... hugs to you and family and congratulations!! Angel
I am planning my 1st UC in early Jan or late Dec. Due Jan 2 This will be our 3rd child, our prior 2 births were home-waterbirths with a MW. We're really excited about going UC this time. We're in Edmonton Canada. I'm 29, married 7 years, together nearly 10. DH is 33. Our sons are Samwise Dec. 01 and Lorien Nov. 03 I am extended BFing and CDing Lorien, we do co-sleeping, non-vaxing, HSing Samwise (pre-school this year). This has been a nearly unassisted pregnancy....