or Connect

Posts by Mamma Mia

I went in today and there is a perfectly sized embryo with a strong heartbeat at 130bpm in my uterus, but the gestational sac is extremely small around it.  To put it into perspective, it's like the size of a dime when it should be the size of a small orange.  This means one of three things:   1. An extremely precarious normal pregnancy (most unlikely) 2. A chromosomal abnormality, most likely triploidy 3. I will miscarry within the next two weeks (most...
I'm sorry you are going through this, and I know about that mother daughter bond that makes it so hard when our daughters are angry or resentful.  My daughter is only 10 (even she acts 17) but her approval and love is the core of my day.  Could it be that she is actually angry about the stress of not knowing and just doesn't know how to handle it and ends up pushing you away?  Sometimes kids show their feelings in cryptic ways, ya know?   I said in the other thread...
Oh Zenia, I'm sorry you are going through this.  I hope you get good news.
Orthodoxmom, can you see a practitioner now that there are office hours and have that sit down talk? I think it would really help. Not knowing is the worst, I'm so sorry.  I'm right there with you today. <3
Well, I am waiting to see if this pregnancy is ending, but I'm going to be pretty mad if so, because all my symptoms are increasing from swollen tender breasts, to mood swings, to nausea, to eating issues, my symptoms are getting stronger.  It makes this wait for a high res ultrasound to look for fetal poles really stressful, honestly.   eta: I'm also really tired, having lots of vivid dreams, and once I wake up at 4am, I can't go back to sleep.
Over in the May 2013 Due Date Club (look on the "Groups" link at the top) we have a few mamas, including me, who have threatened miscarriages or stressful symptoms and we're all teetering on that edge of not knowing how viable our pregnancy is.  I'm sorry you are here in that space with us, but there is support in that group.  I don't know anything about subchorionic hemorrhage besides what you probably know, but I do know what it's like to sit around not knowing if your...
I would call some local midwives and talk to them about the situation. I think their insights will be more relevant to your situation, as they'll likely live in the area and have the experience to help you with your decision. I think MDC is more the place for you to process the information you get and your feelings about the decision you make, but probably not the place to help you make an informed decision about this.  Any local midwife will be more than happy to help...
I should have been at 3000 last Friday, with approximate doubling, so I'm pretty sure. (i.e. it took 9-10 days to double) I don't know if I can wait till Monday, I may head in to the ER tonight to see if I can get a scan. I don't want to wait 3-4 days to know or to get a D&C, especially after I got DIC last time and almost died. I'm really scared of that.
29 dpo and I'm only at 3600, so it looks like I'm out of the DDC. Good luck and sticky vibes to the rest of you.
My child is 10 and unschooled and she is somewhat socially awkward. No adult would ever say so, because she is hilarious and sarcastic and gets along well with adults and understand politics and really advanced social concepts like abortion rights and transgender issues, but I can see that she struggles to make new childhood friends.  When she has close friends she is fine, but she definitely struggles to make new friends and doesn't try really hard to do so.   I...