or Connect

Posts by hakeber

I work from 7am to 4pm monday through Thursday and 7am to 3pm on Fridays.  Some days (like maybe ten out of the year) I am expected to stay until 7 or 8pm.   But I get a month off for Xmas, 1.5 for summer, two weeks for Easter and week for fall break.   I would rather work from 9am to 4pm :D    But actually I am pretty happy.  I just wish it wasn't quite so early to start
I would have fired her the second day.  I cannot abide lateness.   That alone would have been it.   The rest is just superfulous evidence of a woman who needs a job but doesn't want one.   I would let her go and start looking fo an au pair who can live with you.   There are some great angencies that can you up with one.  Maybe one who speaks a different language and can teach your LO and new...
That's actually really good advice.  Any time I give an official verbal warning we have to run the paper work and file it with HR.   Those policies are there to protect management.  Tell him to speak to HR and see what is in place and if there is nothing he should suggest they come up with something.
I have worked for and with my fair share of A-holes, a lot of them a lot like what your have described,..who knew education and technology could have so much in common?   I think CNVC.org can start with some great workbooks and tips on how to co mmunicate more effectively and get needs met more rapidly, but my biggest tip is to be assertive.   I too am typically very honest, especially at work, and I cannot stand liars and cheats.  I have two staff members who...
That's what I thought, too,  but then they DTD unprotected and she gets pregnant (because he hasn't actually had a Vas) hence the HILARITY of the situation wherein the big macho man is too manly to cut off his sperm supply and too dumb to think through the consequences of such a lie, and his dippy blonde girlfriend is  too dumb to ask for a sperm count test before she lets him DTD sans a condom....   Sitcom stereotyping and mass distribution of...
Yeah, that makes sense, I mean it's a sitcom, right?   I was just wondering if things were different in other countries, because that just seemd like such a strange line, and to be fair if DH hadn't told me that we needed to wait 3 months and get checked, I probabaly would have assumed that once he was recovered from the actual surgery we'd have been in the clear.    But, turns out not really, just more bad TV writing from Hollywood.  Nice to know some things...
I know this sounds really silly, but the other day I was watching the New Advetures of Old Christine the episode where Richard lies to his girlfriend about having a vasectomy and she says "It's been two weeks!  That means we can, ya know."   I thought...that was really weird, because when DH got his here in Colombia they said we needed to wait three months and he needed to ejaculate a minimum of 30 times before he was to come in to have his semen tested, his came...
Our dress code says no t-shirts or t-shirt material...   of course I am wearing a T-shirt right now ...but if I have meetings with Senior management or parents, I do try to follow the code.    
Aww thanks, Mama.   I actually do not think I have more than 33 items for work (12 pairs of trousers, 3 pairs of shoes and about 7 blouses, and four jackets?  I guess if you inclue scarves it takes me up to about 40....My problem is I keep going to grab things from the closet only to find they are stuck in the laundry cycle on our housekeeper's least favorite task...the ironing table...  You just can't find good help these days.   (I'm kidding.  My housekeeper is...
We all CAN control our emotions sometimes.  When I am new to social group I do not let my real emotions show for a long time.  I can go out and drink HEAPS of alcohol and not get drunk because I am that concerned about what people think of me.  I literally become anal retentive in new places and around new people...once I feel safe, that control goes out the window.   I believe this is a normal psychological response to environments.   Just because we CAN do...