or Connect

Posts by hakeber

I like Glamourmom tanks because they don't even expose the top of your breast so really great for cold weather. I also like These Gilligan & Omalley tanks that my mom got me. I love their snaps and the support is good, but when you unsnap them they do expose the whole breast on that side. I have also gotten tank tops with built in shelf bras, and made nursing tanks following instructions I found online for converting a regular bra into a nursing bra...super easy, and...
My ds is a major extrovert, in the Meyers Briggs sense of the word, meaning he gets energized being around people, and this translated to bedtimes, too. If he was in our bed he would wake every hour or two. He would nurse a bit, but not much, and maybe go back to sleep or pass out for a bit and then be restless again. He'd also give you a look like you were the one disrupting his sleep, which was just priceless. I moved him to his basinette next to our bed, but even...
Oh yeah, no water before 6 months was my doc. recommendation, but once solids are established it's okay in small quantities. I will say though that I wish I had never introduced water in a bottle (it was lazy ass thing to do in retrospect) because ds wanted a bottle of water at night long LONG after he had been weaned from the boob. It was embarassing.
why shouldn't you put water in a bottle? I understand not juice, or other sugary drinks, but...why not water? In the very hot months in argentina, we sometimes gave ds a wee bit of water at night in a bottle for him to sip through the night.
Quote: Originally Posted by busymama77 A nurse from DS's ped's office tells me this and so we try to stick with it and have seen no progress. He nurses every 1.5 to 2 hours during the day, goes down around 9:30pm or so at night, sleeps for 3 to 4 hours and then is up every 2 hours to eat. Am I not nursing long enough during the day? He nurses for about 20 to 30 minutes each time and then dozes off. Also, after he does doze off in my arms, I...
I have both. I am also considering making some. WELL worth the investment for me! And so many cute styles.
DS spat his out at 5.5-6 months. The look on his face was like "are you crazy? Why would I want that? and then he drifted off to sleep without for the first time since he was born, and so we put them away and he never seemed to want one again.
DH does this too...what's worse is when he says "You're feeling ill, I don't have to work tomorrow so I'll get up with dd if she wakes and I'll look after DS when he wakes up." So I THINK I'm going to get to sleep, and then the baby wakes up and I nudge him and he's like "oh, she'll go back to sleep." ummmm no, she won't, and in about 10.5 seconds she's going to be HUNGRY and the bottle of ebm will still be cold and you will still be sleeping, and she will be...
Madame said: Quote: The day you deliver, outside will be cold. Your baby will arrive in the early afternoon. After a labor lasting approximately 48 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 6 pounds, 9 ounces, and will be 17 inches long. This child will have medium violet eyes and a little patch of red hair. Reality, it was in the mid twenties (celcius) so cooler than usual, I will give her that. The labor was 38 hours long...
Cute cutie cute! Here are some webcam pics of Emily who will be three months tomorrow! http://www.mothering.com/discussions...hp?albumid=325 Keep them coming!