or Connect

Posts by bugginsmom

Super nice and replaced the item without me asking them too. About three years ago we bought a set of their hardwood blocks (@ $50 for the set) and I called to ask what type of wood it was and let them know politely that the wood was getting minor dents in it if the blocks knocked together. They were super apologetic and insisted on sending us a completely new set and did not want the old one back. I kept telling her that they were still in fine play condition, but they...
OP, I totally get where you are coming from and would try my best to avoid meals there. I do not eat what my mil cooks. It makes me sick and my son refuses. They to have questionable food practices (like leaving food out all day, reheating and reheating the same things for days, etc.) and I have become ill several times after a weekend there when my dh and I were first married and I was still trying to please them. We too do not eat boxed/processed food like that...
I am sorry that people are such insensitive jerks. I have an only and know exactly what you mean about the rude comments. I am at the point when I very politely tell them that their comments are extremely rude, but if they want we can discuss their reproductive choices and I will give them my opinion. Oddly nobody has taken me up on that. My ds is only 5, but he has never asked for a sibling and when we have mentioned it he flat out says he only wants mama, daddy...
I don't usually post here, but this one caught my eye and since I pulled out the photo albums to see when it was I will answer. (I specifically remember taking the photo and sending it to dh when he was out of town.) My ds was 6.5 months when he did the shape sorter on his own consistently.
Quote: Originally Posted by chfriend I have no opinion on the reader thing-ys, but I'm wondering: Do the folks that object to the reader thing-y also object to audio books? A parent recording a book? For all ages or just littles? This is a great question and since I have just come to this thread I will put my opinion here. We don't do battery operated learning toys ala leapfrog, etc. We do use audio books from the library. My son loves to...
One thing to watch is the country of origin on their frozen produce. We used to have a Costco membership, but dropped it because of the questionable nature of some of their organics. I remember the broccoli and green beans were from China. I know it doesn't matter to some people, but for us it was a deal breaker. Also, I am not sure where their milk comes from now, but they were involved in a class action suit two years ago for selling organic milk that was not...
We can't get raw milk and only use ov pasteurized and it works fine. Don't know if it will take longer since it is the only way I have made it. Good luck!
I have the KA professional with all metal gears and it is wonderful.
The bond we have with my ds. He made a comment a while back about how he feels safe at night because he is cuddled next to me and how he feels sorry for kids who have to sleep alone, especially if they have a bad dream. I wouldn't trade it for the world!
Quote: Originally Posted by Barbie64g I just flat out say, I Don't do that. EVER. The end. Usually they don't continue pushing because of the look on my face Exactly that. I won't/didn't leave any of my parenting choices open to discussion, ESPECIALLY bed sharing. We still bed share with our five year old and I am waiting for the day that someone says something. Thankfully my family and my il's all support bed sharing until the *child*...