or Connect

Posts by bugginsmom

Most play-based "regular" preschools follow themes pre-determined by the teacher/curriculum. The Reggio approach uses what is called an "emerging curriculum" and is completely child-led and uses a project approach to learning. Teachers (Facilitators) follows the children's interests and develop the learning experiences around those interests. There is a lot of documentation and revisiting in the Reggio approach. Basically, a subject is explored until it has exhausted...
Quote: Originally Posted by 4evermom Me, too. I got a mega blocks set once. It did not stay together nearly as well as legos. I got those pieces segregated out of our bins and out of the house as fast as possible. But yes, technically, it was compatible.
I didn't have a lot of toys per se, but we did have a cupboard full of board games. There were five of us, 4 of us under the age of 6, when my dad left so money was very sparse and the toys we did have were really community toys. That said, I don't ever remember feeling deprived, but I do remember lots of fun times playing outside, playing dolls with my sister, reading, reading and more reading (love the library!) and playing LOTS of board games. However, my ds has too...
Eh, as long as I was included in other photos, it wouldn't bother me. I totally get it. We have done the same thing in our family, but always have photos with the spouses too, so no biggie to me.
Quote: Originally Posted by StrawberryFields Really? Because Amazon lists the dimensions of that truck as: http://www.amazon.com/Bruder-Mack-Gr...570772&sr=1-13 Product Dimensions: 25.8 x 7.3 x 10.8 inches and the OPs website lists them as: http://www.thetoyhunt.com/br2814.html Dimensions: 25.8"L x 7.3"W x 10.8"H Plus the descriptions are the same for both trucks on several websites. I am a little confused because the only difference I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pkutniewski I would get it for him. One plastic toy isn't going to hurt anything really. I found it on amazon for 50.00 w/ free shipping BTW. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NYT1SU That actually not the same truck. That one is a smaller model and if the op's ds is anything like mine, he would know. The size difference in the two is noticeable irl. That is about the right price for that truck, but on the...
Quote: Originally Posted by LynnS6 We have a TON of Bruder trucks and I LOVE them. Yes, they're plastic. But they are VERY realistic. They are among the favorite toys for all the kids who come to our house. Our ds is a detail guy. Details MATTER. (Seriously, whether the garbage truck lifts the garbage on the side or the back was a HUGE deal to him!) Wood trucks just weren't realistic enough for him. The Bruder trucks are. Other reasons I love the...
Ann Arbor is an awesome place to raise children. We *almost* moved there, but ended up staying on the eastern side of the state.
I have thought about this. My ds is an only so if/when he does marry, I *hope* she will be a wonderful blessing to our family. I will do my best to welcome her warmly, even if I don't agree with her parenting choices, etc. As long as she (or he if that is the case) loves my son and any subsequent grandchildren, then I will be happy. All I can do is hope that he will fall in love and marry someone who shares the values he is being raised with and then it won't make it...