or Connect

Posts by bugginsmom

Quote: Originally Posted by FreeRangeMama I know WE'LL be armed with all kinds of nasty tricks for people who don't give candy. I may throw away what they offer, but they owe it to me to fork it over anyway. You are a hoot! This could be a thread itself. Off to type up thread about the best tricks to play on people who do not give out candy on Halloween. (insert evil laugh)
Unbelievable, mama. Big hugs to you and your sweet little guy. I agree that homeschooling is what is best for him. I hope you can help him work through this.
This boggles my mind, because I hear this often. The whole "healthy snacks only" (which I am completely happy with) and then they give them candy at school. WHY???? I already know this will be a huge issue for me when/if my ds ends up going to ps next year.
Quote: Originally Posted by purplemoon No. They say give it away to someone else instead of throwing it away. But some people don't want to harm others in what they percieve as health garbage and would rather throw it away. Others made the suggestion that if you hate candy that much don't support the supply and demand and have a party instead. Then people said that there are people who want candy even if it will rot their teeth like homeless...
Quote: Originally Posted by JL83 Yes. There are plenty of non-candy alternatives for celebrating Halloween. Many neighborhoods or communities have parties. You can throw a party with limited candy. Your kid can go out trick-or-treating and simply not have a pillow but still have a blast with his friends. Taking candy knowing you are going to throw it away is greedy and wasteful. Haven't read the whole thread, but had to comment on...
Well, for us it was the only form the private school would accept (both are private that I am referencing) and while that doesn't legally make a difference, I am not worried about it enough to make a huge issue out of it with school. As for the custody issue, no I am not worried. Both myself and my husband signed the forms and I have absolutely no worry that my FIA or anyone else will ever have cause to take my child away from me. Maybe I am too trusting or confident,...
Quote: Originally Posted by queenjane I personally would refuse to sign the state form. That form states something like "by signing this form i acknowledge i am putting my child and others at risk by not vaxing"..nope, not signing that! Do you know what the exact wording of the MI regulation is? Does it require only that you inform the school/state of your exemption in writing or does it REQUIRE the state form? (which i doubt?)...also, i think if they...
You do have to use the one the state provides, with all the ugly language. That is the only form they can/will accept. I've had to use it several times, no problems at all. Nobody has ever seemed to care or even mentioned it. I am on record with the county as my ped obviously has to turn in the names of patients who don't vax/selective vax and all I get is the letter every year (twice a year, I think) reminding me that my child is not up to date on his vaccinations. ...
Brigance?
I have used this one in their store and it is really neat. It is on our wish list. http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/seo...ce/viewall.jsp