or Connect

Posts by bugginsmom

Quote: Originally Posted by mich I got my email from Sigg today. There is a pin # and the credit amount for what I sent them. The exact dollar amount to replace what I sent. It just says to use the pin as a gift certificate code on my replacement purchase. No mention of restrictions on what I can buy. We'll see... ETA- I just placed my order at Sigg. I returned three bottles, and used the credit to purchase a large stainless steel thermos, stainless...
Just an FYI, Sigg is not giving credit, just replacing the bottles. No pin number either. I just received my replacements today. They sent me an email, had me verify my address and which bottles I wanted to replace the ones I sent (exact same size, etc.). As far as I know, they are just replacing the bottles, not letting you order something else instead.
Quote: Originally Posted by Crunchiemomma You never know what the childs home situation is like and your short interaction with them might just be the highlight of their week. = ( For that reason, I am happy with interact with the other kids whose parents are not involved. Exactly! I just figure when I go to the park that it is part of the deal.
We bought our 4 year old son a Lionel Electric train starter set last year and it is absolutely the best gift ever. Also, if you do invest in a nicer train, you can always sell it on Craigslist if she loses interest. They have good resale value. I second the recc to go to an actual hobby shop.
Absolutely!
Quote: Originally Posted by heartmama If it were your child, would you want to know? How would you feel if you found out everyone knew, and nobody told you? You have a solution. It is time to act. Best of luck, and God bless you! I could not have said it any better.
We have been considering and actually went to the Train Festival this past July in Owosso where the Pere Marquette is kept and operated. One thing I recently found out that has turned my mind a bit is that after you get to Saginaw, the Pere Marquette isn't the engine that brings you back, a regular diesel hauls the cars back. It has something to do with the ability to turn the engine around. That would be a big deal to my son, so it doesn't seem worth it. Another...
Quote: Originally Posted by katy1844 The job would be in Detroit, we currently live in Northern Virginia and while we like it for the most part it is very $$ so that's the whole reason were considering Detroit (oh and I love snow) we also could do Chicago but again it's more $$$. We don't want a long commute we could spend around 500k for a house, would like good schools (but I've been dreaming of homeschooling...) I'm hoping for a liberal crunchy sort...
We do both also. Lots of kids in the neighborhood, so ds does end up with spontaneous play and we do playdates. Nothing like a regularly scheduled weekly thing. I personally like the flexibility of not having to many scheduled things. My only issue is when parents treat playdates like this obligation their child must meet, as in the thread where people were upset about young children 'cancelling' a playdate. I don't get that, it is just a playdate, not their college...
As the parent of a train obsessed child, I don't see a problem with it. We support his interests, and although there is some variance, trains has been a big constant since he was about 2 years old (he'll be 5 next month). It doesn't impair his learning in other areas or social/emotional development so I don't have any concerns. To me it is no different than the kid who has to collect pokeman type things, etc. Besides, what the alternative be...to discourage her...