or Connect

Posts by vegaenglit

I don't really think anyone is wrong here, it's just an akward situation that could be remedied by changing the living situation around. I'm assuming the other mom might be hoping you move as well? Perhaps her yelling and stuff is worsened due to the home being stressful. I don't think the mother is the problem here, just an akward living situation. im nearing the two year mark of living with my in-laws and i know FOR A FACT, the people in the house affect my...
ive been charting for the last month+. i got a nuvaring at my 6w appointment but stopped using it after two cycles because i had breakthrough bleeding and it made sex painful and i just didnt like it. well im on day 31 and no period. im nursing my 4mo and my almost 3yo nurses once a day. we've used condoms and withdrawl and only once did we have unprotected sex. i also noticed it was seeing some ferning/possible fertility almost everyday but still never saw...
Quote: Originally Posted by Wendy~ For example: "wow, that sounded like you are upset that I stopped you from touching the swing. It's ok to be upset/angry/frustrated/dissapointed, but let's find another way to express it OK?" Then see if he has any ideas and suggest some of your own acceptable ways. Hitting a pillow? stomping feet? works great around here im thinking he got it from me in the first place. like i showed him how to...
in the last two weeks my almost 3yo has developed a nasty habit of raspberrying me or going "PPP"AAHHH" if i tell him not to do something. usually it's something ive had to tell him a million times before - like dont touch the baby swing, sit still when you're on the potty, etc. it mostly happens when im working on a timeline - like trying to get in the shower because i havent bathed in two days and im going out with friends, or im trying to get things together to go...
well, since posting, i have dropped napping and so far, so good. we had one mini meltdown over what cup we were using but other than that, things are great. we went to look for houses today and i thought ahead and brought lots of snacks and water and pretty much kept feeding him and he was fine the entire time. he fell asleep on the ride home and woke up when we got in the house. we nursed for 20 mins and then i asked if he wanted to get up and he did and we played...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna I'm of the mind that if they need to sleep they'll go to sleep. -Angela that's the thing. the more tired lucien is, the more manic he gets. he gets physical and will literally bounce off the walls to keep himself from falling asleep.
lets see how many acronyms i can use, eh? for the record, i didnt get my period back after my first was born for 19 months. breastfed on demand, delayed solids until 7 months and used the mini pill but in reality, i was really bad about taking it. i would take it for a few days then forget, go a week without, take it the next day, forget, etc. had two cycles then got pregnant with marcus. at my 6 week appointment, my midwife suggested the nuvaring because of my...
lucien is almost 3 and marcus is 3 months and we have an in-ground pool. i wear marcus in a mesh taylor-made swim sling (bought at theslingstation.com or something like that) and lucien wears a tube with the tank-top like shirt thingee (it kinda looks like a tutu). he's been wearing it since last year and he's over 30 pounds now. some public pools have rules about flotation aids so im not sure if that will help.
lucien will be three in the fall and lately naptime has become a real struggle. im lucky if he will sleep an hour (down from 2+ hours) and it can take up to an hour just to get him to fall asleep. all the tricks arent working any more - taking a long walk or a drive. he either stays awake the entire time or wakes up the second we stop or you try to put him in bed. i would say he still "needs" it because when i try to get him to nap he's got the bags under his eyes...
Quote: Originally Posted by nabigus ... when you are determined every night to get to bed before 10, but then the seductive lure of the "I have both hands free! I can watch a movie! I can surf the net! I don't have to read board books! I can SIT! I can sew slings! I can eat ice cream!" catches up with you, and you stay up until almost midnight. and then you drink coffee at 6 am. Lots. another vote for that!