or Connect

Posts by vegaenglit

Quote: Originally Posted by LynnS6 ... you can also use the timer to say "If we aren't ready to go when the timer beeps, we'll have to stay home because we won't have enough time." Sometimes the natural consequence of dawdling is not getting to do what you want to do. 2. Any way to move the toys out of his bedroom? Get him dressed in a location where there isn't anything distracting? part of the going out is for me (rather be crazy in the...
yet another vote for signing time. i have it set to record (it's on PBS sunday mornings at 6am!!!) and put that on whenever lucien wants to watch something. ive even watched it by myself so i can learn them.
i know my dude is only 2.5 and is very active/spirited. hopefully im not expecting too much from him but, he is highly distractable. like take getting ready to go to the park location: the kitchen me: wanna go to the park? lucien: yes. me: ok, lets get dressed. lucien: the park! yeay!! then he runs down the hallway and into the play room. and gets the legos out. me: arent we going to the park? lucien: YES! *throws down legos, then sees a car on the...
sometimes young toddlers will "harm themselves" in frustration. if they arent particularly verbal or are just having a rough time (being two is hard!!!) they will do it. you can either give them words "you're mad mad MAD!!" so that they know you understand their frustration, or give them a more appropriate physical outlet - a drum to bang or move them to the couch or bed where they wont hurt themselves. my oldest will also smack himself in the head repeatedly at...
Quote: Originally Posted by Aimee21972 I do not want to replace me -- but i need a break. yes yes yes. my oldest is 2.5 and we are getting to the point where nursing to sleep isnt working any more but he still needs something to help fall asleep. right now it's my arm and it has to be me - he will fall asleep for jeremy but it's after much tears and screaming. he's also a roaming sleeper and there are 4 of us in a queen size bed. we've...
lucien will not take a blanket or stuffed animal. he will hold on to a stuffed animal while we read a story but then hands it to me to nurse. he screams "no blanket!!!" if i try to put one by him. ive let him bring a toy car to bed but then he proceeded to drive it on me so i took it away. it's not necessarily a problem, i just wish he could have something to cuddle with at night when he wakes up other than me.
my FIL is the same way. constantly says how bad junk food is, how it's not good for lucien (he's convinced that's what's making lucien "hyper-active." no he's friggin 2.5 year old! ggr.) but is constantly going to and bringing home macdonalds for lucien - often times without telling me and so when he comes in carrying the bag, of course lucien wants some. he tells lucien "eat your dinner so you can get dessert." um no, that's my/my husbands decision to make. MIL is...
Quote: Originally Posted by juju's mom My 2 year old was playing with a puzzle the other day and one peice would fit correctly. She looked at me and said "It broke. Needs batteries" lucien says the same thing. anything broken "needs new batteries."
now that the ear infection is gone, things have been infinitely better. also, i re-checked out happiest toddler on the block and thank goddess i did. i checked it out when lucien was 18ish months and forgot to put most of the things to use. but listening to it (got it on tape 'cause getting time to sit and read rarely happens) was so reassuring. i dont have a crazy horrible monster. i have a perfectly normal, spirited toddler. despite what my ILs might think, im...
just wanted to send hugs and too agree with what everyone else has said. what got me through a lot of the times was: THIS TOO SHALL PASS! editted to add: you might want to pick up and start reading happiest toddler on the block. it has helped me greatly with my intense older child.