or Connect

Posts by angela&avery

hmm im definately thinking about it!! we have been searching for years.. of course Im in a long term subbing position right now and my kids are in school every day.. which poses when?? hmmmmmm
no we didnt get it.... the reason it seemed new is because the last time we had an outbreak they didnt do this... so its new to our school, anyhow... i didnt have to submit a notarized form either.
well and thats the thing. Kittery just recently had a case of swine flu in the system, we dont know which school it is, but they didnt close the schools because the recommendation has now changed..... Im surprised I didnt get a call about that too.
i think it was kind of a discretionary law..... I think now its like.. mandated.
check out my post about what my kids school just told me.....
The school nurse just called me and said that there is a case in my sons grade of chicken pox but not in his classroom and that if there is a case in his classroom he needs to be out of school for 16 days after that and after each subsequent case. That is nuts!!!! Apparently so he cant get it, which is stupid because I would like him to... i mean..... how does the state get to mandate that I dont expose my child??? Furthermore, if a couple of kids get it...21 days from...
Quote: Originally Posted by loraxc This is jiving with my sense, which is that about 10-25% (on the high end) of advantaged kids enter K reading. The person I was talking believes it's more like 50%, or even higher--she felt that most "average bright" kids who are raised by involved and literate parents know how to read an easy reader by around 4.5 or 5. When I said I didn't think this was true, she told me about half of the kids in her daughter's K...
my kids always played and came in and out while i showered. we have always lived in small apartments and now our house is small too........ when they were toddlers I might gait them into the "area"...... one apartment my ds had access to his bedroom, the hallway and the living room, i gaited the kitchen and closed the door to my room and would play and wander in and out of the bathroom while i showered. In our apartment we had when dd was little it was the same...
Quote: Originally Posted by Llyra I copy/pasted this that I wrote for another thread. I have a pile of laundry to do and I wanted to reply but couldn't take the time. I have to say I have a LO i watch that I do this with and she eats wonderfully for me, and nothing for her parents. I practically ignore her when she eats... i just leave here there and give her lots of time... and she typically eats everything i give her. my own kids are...
Quote: Originally Posted by jazzharmony I understand your concern but how sad it is that 5yo children are under such pressure to perform academically. What a messed up system I wonder if things will ever change back to what they used to be and children will again have a childhood that extends past, say, 3yo. The pressure just keeps starting earlier and earlier... yes it is, but not everyone has a situation where they can homeschool, and not...