or Connect

Posts by marvelous

I don't regret it at all. My DD just turned two. We still diaper at night and she has an occasional miss during the day, but other wise I am not carrying diapers around anymore. Haven't had to since about 19 months and we started late around 15 months. The only thing with ECing is that it has set my expectations way too high. She did so well with days, that I expected the same with nights and that is not happening. When she does have a miss, especially a poopy one...
She loooooves fruit, but I'm not sure she'd go for the switch just yet. Something to think about. I still would like to find something like a cloth version of a pull-up that would be absorbant enough for nights. The search continues.
Thank you so much for your reply!!! To clear up a few things, it is moo milk that she gets at night. We mutually stopped bf'ing at 18 months and we don't co-sleep anymore (that's how we all get some sleep). Your suggestion was great. I think I will try the pf only when my semester winds down. We'll be done early May, plus it will be a little warmer and she won't need bottoms for her jammies. Thank you!!!
Bio: DD will be 2 in just a few days. We have been ECing since about 15 months and she has been reliably out of diapers during the day since about 19 months. Yay! Nights are not so successful. We still diaper with an infant prefold trifolded in a toddler pf and wool cover. We've never had a leak, but most mornings that diaper is soaked. Part of the issue maybe our nighttime routine. DD gets a sippy cup of milk before bed (we do brush her teeth afterwards). As...
This is starting to bother me, but I'm not sure what to do. DCP has been great. She has kept DD since 4 months and didn't bat an eye with my breastmilk, cloth, and other requests. To my knowledge, she serves fruits and veggies with every lunch and often gives water or milk (instead of juice for DD to drink.) She knows we don't give DD many sweets or junk food and mostly adheres to it, but lately, other parents keept bringing junk food! In their kindness, they...
Hey there! We started at 15 months and have been diaper free during the day with only occasional misses for about a month now. I believe it is worth it. We were already using cloth, but we used prefolds instead of pockets at home so DD could feel the wetness. We also changed her immediately so she didn't get use to feeling wet. We of course had our trials, one of which was when DD peed on the couch : , but with consistancy it just started to click for her. Our best...
DD is only getting one gift because that is all we can afford! DH and I started a budget a few months ago and we are really committed to getting out of debt. So much so that we are not buying each other gifts, just one for her. We plan to do a lot of volunteering, and activities that are in the spirit of Christmas, that celebrate Christ but don't cost money.
If you provide pre-stuffed pockets or AIO's cloth is just as easy as sposies. I've heard about centers not doing cloth, something about them not being as sanitary (whatever.) But I read on another board where a mama got a note from her Dr. (who was cloth friendly) that her DS had to have cloth because of his sensitive skin. She said the no-cloth-center then took her DS. Just make sure to provide a pail or wet bag. Otherwise I really don't see the difference.
We are doing quite well. Started at 15 months and DD is out of diapers during the day at 18 months. Currently working on nights. There have been occasional misses, but it seems to be when she is out of a comfortable environment or around someone other than me, DH or DCP. I remember the days of cleaning up misses. More pee than poo, but we are past it now. I will say nakey time was the best thing. I finally started to read her clues and she became much more aware. ...
I figured out a way to sort of "get my feet wet" with out jumping in. I am going to take a class at a nearby school for medical sciences. The class is similar to one or more that I would take at the PhD program I would like to get into out of state. It will give me a sense of if I can even do it, and at the same time, let me know what it would be like (sort of) balancing family life with studying. Now I am so excited, I can't wait until spring semester comes...