or Connect

Posts by schmaela

I like the font
Thanks for all the advice mamas. I've been nursing DD on the bad side all morning (I've been emptying the other side when necessary), and pulled her into bed with me last night so she could nurse some more. I'll probably do the same tonight. I took some more Tylenol for the pain, hoping that will help. The breast isn't streaky anymore, but it is red directly over where the pain is worst. I think I'll try the dangle manuver next, see if I can't get gravity to do something...
Hey mamas, I am having my very first breastfeeding problem. I think I may have a plugged duct. My breast burns, there are red streaks right over the painful area and my nipple is achy/burny....this sucks! Tylenol doesn't seem to do much. Is it safe to take ibuprofen while nursing? I know it was off-limits when I was pregnant. I'm trying to keep nursing on that side, and I'm massaging the area but it is really painful! Do any of you smart mamas have any suggestions to help...
Hippie skirts with elastic waistbands and tank tops with built in shelf bras. I have all but given up on real bras...I dont think they make a comfy 34G anywhere :
A lot of the commercial "cornstarch" baby powders still contain talc. Make sure you read the ingredients. When DD needs powder I use actual cornstarch straight outta the box. It's much cheaper, has never given dd a rash and it's not all perfumey. I bought a glass shaker with a handle- I think it's for parmesan cheese and it works great for applying the cornstarch.
Does Babytalk usually come in the mail with a "cover" on it? I just got this issue (have no idea who signed me up) and it had a kind of cover over the actual magazine cover. Due to mommybrain I wasn't sure if this is how Babytalk always sends out their mag. The actual cover is great!
I've got a big one too! My dd weighed 8lbs 6oz at birth and at her 4 month checkup she weighed 21 pounds!!!! She has always been in the 95th-100th percentile for height and completely off the chart for weight Dh weighed her a week ago and she was 23lbs! She just barely turned 5 months on the 15th! My husband did a "calculation" when she was about two months old-he determined if she kept gaining weight the way she is she would weigh 978lbs by the time she's 18 ...
Fire them. If you have insurance, change your primary care provider for your son. Thats what I did. If they ask for the new doctors info, refuse to give it to them as it is really none of their business. I would also talk to the office manager and tell them that you are being harassed and you aren't too happy about it: . I had some harassment issues with a doc recently and I filed a bad report about him through the insurance company-there was a form right there on the...
My DH likes my SBP ring sling when he's holding DD for a short time, and he likes the wrap for longer carries. He's not really picky about colors or fabrics so I'm pretty lucky...he's okay with wearing my purple tie-dye Hot Mama wrap
Shelbean, what shops have you called? I am in Az too, and I have been pierced at a bunch of studios here...I can tell you which shops are clean and reputable if you'd like. Feel free to PM me.