or Connect

Posts by schmaela

I hate doctors offices! I called the resp. doctors office this morning to make sure they canceled the app (I left a message after hours to cancel) and the receptionist started to give me attitude!!! I told her there wasnt much the doc could do anyway, and she told me I was wrong. So I said "the doc would only do a culture, right?" and she said "no, he would run other tests" I asked herwhich ones and she told me "I dont know its up to the doctor" and I should really be more...
Weird. it never even occured to me that I might be doing something "wrong" by nursing DD to sleep. I guess I don't read enough parenting magazines Every night the routine is: change diaper, nurse baby till she falls asleep, hold her upright for about 30 minutes (to minimize barf) and put her down. Now she sleeps from 11:30pm to about 8am without waking. I have never ever let her cry it out. Parenting mags are a waste of paper.
Mamakay, the blood test was done at least 3 weeks ago, and from what I gather the blood test identifies antibodies. My BS detector went off when mom said my brother was also positive for IgA. I tried to explain that everyone is positive for IgA, but she told me not to assume things-after all I am not a doctor. Meanwhile she was trying to interpret lab work forms. I think I am not going to take any more advice from dear mom.
I canceled the doctors appointment. I will be taking DD to her scheduled 4 month checkup and see what DDs regular doc has to say then. It turns out the resp. doc wanted to see me so badly because my dear mother made it sound like I dont believe in seeking medical treatment even in the case of an emergency...so she got his feathers ruffled because he thought I was just going to let my DD suffer with this 'horrible' illness with no care whatsoever. Thanks mom : I also did...
I mentioned a blood draw because that is supposedly how the docs found the pertussis in my brother. I have been trying to get more info from my mom, but she isnt much help. She keeps telling me that DD is going to die if I don't go to the doc. All she can tell me is that little bro was diagnosed w/ leigonnares and has been on several different antibiotics in the course of a month. For some reason she took him to the resp. doc and he ordered another blood draw. That test...
Lily is 100% breastfed on demand (it shows, shes 18+lbs at 3.5 months ) so I'm sure she has some immunity. I was also thinking about the incubation period for pertussis and its likely she was exposed when we visited around mothers day, giving plenty of time for more symptoms to show up. She does have a stuffy nose, but that has been around since she was about 1.5 weeks old-DH and myself have nasty allergies that I think she inherited. I know this new doc is going to...
Well ladies, according to my mother (old-school nurse) my daughter is going to die. Soon. Heres the situation: My daughter is 3.5 months old. My husband and I decided not to vax because of the gnarly stuff that is in vaccines and because of the possiblility that vaccines are related to fibromyalgia (which I have...not fun at all). Anyway, my 16 year old little brother has been sick lately so he has been tested for a ton of stuff. Blood tests determined he has...
I was a D while preg, a DD immediately PP, and now I'm a freakin F-G 3 months PP. They totally caught me by suprise! I wear a lot of tanks with built in shelf bras-they stretch when necessary and they are waaaaay cheaper than nursing bras/tanks.
I have not purchased any clothing from Expressiva, but I did buy both the red and blue Eve Alexander bras. I liked the blue one alot more than the red. The red definitely have me the pointy boob look. They are both really comfortable-nice and soft. I wish they made the bras in bigger cup sizes, when my milk came in I outgrew both bras!
While doing research about vaccinations, I came across an odd bit of logic about the Hep B vax: Get the vax because the disease can be transmitted to the infant during childbirth. Am I missing something or does that make no sense at all? If the kid gets Hep B, how is the vax going to do any good? You dont get the flu shot if you already have the flu, right? Also, wouldnt you be tested for Hep B when they test you for all the other stds early on in pregnancy? I guess I'm...