or Connect

Posts by Poetmama

Quote: Originally Posted by kidspiration where it starts to get uncomfortable for many of us is when you see grandparents that have an unhealthy, selfish emotional need to spend time alone with them. it's the energy behind it that gives some of us pause. the book "protecting the gift" by gavin debecker goes into this concept of instinct and intuition. highly recommend it. I'm am blessed that I have never experienced that energy with...
Quote: Originally Posted by Charles Baudelaire First of all, great grandma! Secondly, though, two things: 1. I contend that your mom could play forts, go bike riding, and pretend play while you're there in the house or in the vicinity. Being alone is not necessary to the process of loving her grandchildren unreservedly and without the burden of being a parent and having a parent's responsibility. Yes, you are right, my mom could do all...
I thought I would pop in with a different perspective for all the moms and dad's who wondered why grandparents want alone time. My mom and dad couldn't wait till my ds was old enough for his first sleep over. They couldn't wait for the time they could have him for more than a couple of hours. For my mom, when she gets her "alone time" as she and my ds call it, she gets to spend time with children very dear to her that she is not responsible to raise. She gets a few...
Being a month away from having my BA in Child Development (and being the mom of two)..... I soooooo would have asked what kind of education this "teacher" has that prepared her to work with children. I'd also be asking which theorist influences this class the most. I'd ask where they got their information that children "need" to learn to follow rules at two. GAH! Can't children just be children having fun in a class? Why do they "need" to be reaching a "goal"? Good...
We considered two names for our children. But I thought long and hard about the future. I use a hyphanated last name. if the children were Baby One Mom-Dad and Baby Two Mom-Dad, what happens when they get married and they or their future spouses want to hyphanate like I did? Now they are Mr. Baby One Mom-Dad and Mrs. Wife X maiden-mom-dad. or Mrs. Baby two mom-dad-husband. To save this problem, I just gave them four names: Baby Middle Mom Dad. No hyphen. They go...
Right now, a 12. Hoping to get back into a size 8/9 with the running I am doing. I am down from a 16 (after two babies in a row...). I'm pretty happy with the 12's right now, I've been running hard to get the weight off. Oh, and I must add, that the jeans MUST be a boot-cut, something has to balance out my hips!
Well, I'm glad to know that I'm not paranoid in thinking this guy was a jerk. Thanks everyone! Your responses had me laughing, and wishing I had the guts to say some of them!
[QUOTE=Foxxymama]I love how he was more concerend with the purse then kids.. [QUOTE] I was thinking that too! I was personally more concerned that I looked like a bad mom leaving my two kids alone! I didn't even think about my purse!
Today I was at a fast food restraunt ( : I know....). I had to get up to get a side of sour cream. I walked away from the table, leaving my three and two year old. I was not far from them at all, in fact, I had them in my line of vision the entire time. Now, when I got back to the table, I realized that I left my purse on the bench. I sat down, and the man at the table across from mine began to talk loudly to his friend about how irresponsible women are with their...
Quote: Originally Posted by johub I was at a party with dh and the kids a few months back. WE were in a friend's backyard playing ring around the rosie with the kids (mine are 3 and 1 1/2 and 1 1/2 and 13) THis sweet little girl just watched and watched us and we asked her to join and she did once, but then she bowed out. She was too afraid she would get dirty. She was maybe four. She sat on the sidelines of life watching other kids have fun, unable to...