or Connect

Posts by chinaKat

Honestly, you are probably okay because now you are aware of it, and your baby isn't that old yet. MOST older houses do have lead paint. If it has been painted over, a lot of the hazard is alleviated. What you want to avoid is chipping the paint and exposing the layers underneath. Definitely don't do any sanding. And, obviously, don't let you baby gum the windowsills or anything like that. Don't get too freaked out. If you can, maybe paint another coat of paint in...
Grandma should have left 11K of it to the OP, then they wouldn't have had to pay taxes on that part at all!
Very nice! I am most impressed by your family closet. I *wish* I could declutter my family's clothing to that point!
Quote: Originally Posted by limabean Yep. The irony is that between your mention of this place and KT's mention of TwoP, I no longer have any time left for the CH itself! So it's nice to see familiar "faces" like you and MG around here. Say hi to everyone for me! I know! Somebody from there turned me on to this site, too (nrgy?). I'm glad I found it, I've gotten so much out of mdc... but there really is only so much time I can spend online,...
Quote: Originally Posted by limabean oh come on, it's children singing -- how delightful!! just kidding, i just couldn't resist a reference to your dancing-on-the-counters thread x-posted from here to the ch way back when. You know, that post of yours is what got me hooked on this place! Hee! I love the differing opinions from the two worlds. It makes me balanced.
Quote: Originally Posted by One_Girl I encourage a normal tone of voice inside, but I wouldn't shush my dd if she were singing or laughing. Other people have the same right to have conversations in a normal tone so I don't see any reason why my child shouldn't talk or sing in the same tone if that is what she chooses to do. There are many conversations that take place on the bus that are much worse to hear than a childs voice but since we live in a...
I have a friend that is a Halloween freak. She goes all out for her son's Halloween parties -- they are AWESOME. As long as her son remains friends with my DD I will probably NEVER throw a Halloween party -- she has all the gear and the enthusiasm, so why would I ever try to beat that? That's what I think of when I think of "raising the bar" -- but I think that's a good thing. And I'm grateful that my kids get to go to a really well done, home thrown Halloween party every...
So sorry to hear about your boys.
We took the train (commuter rail) into the city the other day with another family. Each family has a 5yo and a 2yo. I learned that we have different approaches when it comes to public transport! I treat the train like I do a restaurant, I expect my kids to use indoor voices. Squealing and shouting is not allowed. The other family encouraged the children to sing. Loudly. Often. I felt like a harridan in comparison, constantly shushing my kids when they made...
Eating is sometimes about control. If she feels like there are issues in her life that she can't control, maybe she is compensating somehow by eating. Have there been any major changes lately? Trouble at school?