or Connect

Posts by chinaKat

There actually *are* some things that I see first time moms do, that I smile inwardly about because I used to do them, too. Mostly the kind of stuff you can only really do when you have one baby and she's the center of your universe, like planning your whole day around when she'll sleep, and other things that you don't really have the luxury of doing when you have more than one. Or things I used to worry incessantly about, because I was new to the whole thing, that I...
Quote: Originally Posted by hollytheteacher I don't see anyone here trying to "guilt" the op. She asked for opinions and we gave them. i even started my whole post with "this is MY opinion and not a judgement" If you are fine with leaving your baby that's fine and great but don't tell the op that she will be fine and her baby WILL be fine because you don't know that! So you are the one that is TELLING the op what to do! sheesh. My ds is 28 months and...
My goodness. It's so predictable. Every time we have one of these threads, so many people pipe in with how they would never dream of ever abandoning their child for the night until he was old enough for kindergarten or whathaveyou. You know what? You know your child and caretaker best. If you need a night off, take one. It's ONE NIGHT. Your child will be fine, and YOU will be all the better for it when you get your batteries charged. Also, importantly, you will...
If I were you I would say something like "I'm glad you are so excited about running. When is our first run together? Did you have any routes in mind? Or would you rather do treadmills together at the gym while the girls are at the playcenter?" Because, you know, he'd damn well better be getting off his ass too if he's hinting about me getting off of mine. So, I'd turn it into something about US and not about me.
Congratulations! Even I'm convinced now, lol!!! I'm really happy for you.
My children (5 and 2) are fully expected to say thank you for a gift. I will remind them if they forget (although they generally remember). If they are close with the gift giver, they will often offer a hug/kiss as well, but I don't force the issue. I WILL ask my children to give a kiss/hug hello/goodbye to relatives and close family friends. But if they are not in the mood, I do not badger them -- I disliked being required to kiss/hug people as a child. I think...
Oh, and on the other side of the family -- my parents are very generous gift givers, but there usually is one that's a bit of a head scratcher. This year they gave my daughter an unabridged copy of "A Christmas Carol." She's FIVE. I was like, uh, I think Dickens is a bit beyond her reading level... but I'm sure she'll grow into it. LOL.
DH's family doesn't do stockings like my family does. For my family, stockings are the best part - we all put a lot of thought into buying lots of small, inexpensive, useful/funny/decadent items for each others stockings. I can never get used to the fact that DH's family doesn't go that way. But this year I thought I had it down -- each person would just get ONE thing in their stocking this year, not several. Still, I spent hours making handmade gifts this year --...
Quote: Originally Posted by stellamia Ahhh but see, you can't pull the clueless card when, AFTER it was explained to you, you were still arguing that there was only one line. You can't be clueless and informed. That you continued to post here arguing that there was one line, is frustrating to those of us who see this all the time, KNOW that the 2nd line can be faint and still be positive and are all agreeing that there IS indeed, a 2nd pink line....
Quote: Originally Posted by bcblondie edited by moderator. ??? I'm just being honest. I don't see it. She asked, I answered. Look, I hope the OP is pregnant. I think I've made that clear. I know what it's like to be TTC. I wish her the best.