or Connect

Posts by chinaKat

Okay. Well, I guess I am missing something that everybody else can see, because I'm only seeing one wide pink line, and nothing else. Hopefully that means the OP is pregnant! Sorry to have wandered into the TTC so cluelessly. Best wishes to the OP.
Quote: Originally Posted by MaerynPearl That is not the case at all... A line just has to be pink and come up in the time limit to be positive, it doesn't have to be blaring dark! We see lines like this around here all the time and more often than not, they go on to get darker within a few days to a week and sometimes longer... women who go on to have perfectly healthy babies. A faint second line can TOTALLY still be a BFP! I'm not trying to...
Haflingers. Hands down. They are expensive but so worth it.
OK, so I'm not trying to be insensitive, it's just been a while since I looked at one of these tests (I came here from "new posts" I'm not usually in this forum). Aren't there supposed to be two *really* visible lines if you are pregnant? Isn't a really faint one an evaporation line? It seems to me that if you have to ask, it's not really a line, just wishful thinking? I don't know, I just don't see anything. I certainly wouldn't be celebrating just yet. Not trying...
I see one very obvious line, but that's it. Not two lines, sorry.
Quote: Originally Posted by Momily Ummm, I send my child to school to learn about things that they don't know about. In my urban school it's really common for children to have lessons where they learn the name of farm animals, maybe visit a farm etc . . . On the other hand, if I taught in a farm community in Iowa, I'm guessing it would be a waste of team to teach my Kindergarteners "This is a cow, this is a pig", on the other hand I've talked to teachers...
Well, I don't think that discussions about Jesus belong in public school. I could do without and discussion of the holiday at all, but that's not going to happen. However, I have to say I was somewhat amused to see papers and crafts come home with DD that mentioned dreidels, kwaanza, even "Feliz Navidad" but no xmas trees or santas. It seems to me that everybody is bending over backwards so hard to be inclusive of everybody's beliefs that they are afraid to even mention...
At 3yo preschool, I told the teachers that DD could read but they blew it off or didn't believe me, not sure which. It was play-based so I guess it didn't matter either way. At 4yo preschool I didn't say anything. A month later the teachers playfully accosted me and said "You've been holding out on us! She can read!". Again, it was play-based so they didn't do much about it, but they got a kick out of having her read stuff. At kindergarten (this year) the teacher...
Goodness, this is a silly discussion. If the man is capable of refraining from smoking in other places where it is prohibited (work, stores, movie theaters) he is certainly capable of obeying the prohibition in your home. If he deliberately flaunts the rules in other places, he will be asked to leave, and he knows it. Thus, he obeys the rules. OF COURSE he should be asked to leave should he continue to flaunt the rules in your home. That's how rules WORK. I...
I guess a question you could ask yourself is, would you word your comment the same way if you knew the mom was spending those nights away from the child to work a second job, or to care for a sick relative? What I'm getting at is that you want to be sure you're not being critical of her lifestyle choices, and that your only intent is to be sure that the child is getting enough sleep/time with mom. How she spends her time is her business.