or Connect

Posts by chinaKat

Quote: Originally Posted by UptownZoo For me, the most important thing is to check the used market first for almost everything. There's just a shocking amount of stuff available used. One small advantage of living in such a consumer society, I guess. To go along with that, it has helped immensely to know the thrift stores in my area - which ones tend to have more clothes, or books, or household goods, etc. It's also important, when you make a big...
I guess I just don't see how bilingual education = helicopter parenting.
Holy hell. OP, I can't even imagine. I would feel so betrayed. I can hardly think of anything that would feel like a greater betrayal. I don't even know what I would do in your shoes. I hope you find peace with this, somehow.
I think it's interesting that any mom that posted that she left her baby to cry for 20 minutes in his crib while she sat in the next room would be excoriated on this forum. But if she leaves the house all these people are saying "oh, the worst that could happen is that the baby woke up and cried for 20 minutes." Let's make up our minds, people!
Quote: Originally Posted by annekevdbroek We had a Mazda 5 until recently. I would not recommend it to anyone who needs 2+ carseats, as the third row is basically inaccesible with the two middle seats occupied. It is hard to access, regardless. With the third row up there is very little storage room, as in no space for a stroller, or even a few shopping bags. We started having nagging little problems with the car's steering and electrical system when it...
I had the same situation as you, except it was my 2nd baby. Breech. Tried everything. EVERYTHING. Even a version. Still breech. Wanted to deliver vaginally but nobody would touch it, home birth wasn't an option for us. I waited to go into labor. I wanted to give her every chance in the world to flip. And I wanted to get the benefits of labor as well. It so happened that my OB was on duty at the Brigham when I called in and said I was coming, so it worked out and I got...
I couldn't find an OB in all of Boston that was open to it.
We have them, I got them for DD1 when she 3, I think? We would play them together, as I recall. Now DD2 likes to play with them, too -- she and her sister will independently play with them on the big sliding glass door -- they are 5 and 2.
I would be okay with leaving an 8yo to watch an infant for 20 minutes in an emergency, if I knew that the 8yo was very responsible. However, I personally would have found it just as easy to put the baby in the car. I can see it taking a longish time to get a dawdly 8yo to get dressed and out the door... but a baby you just have to scoop up and pop into the car seat, it takes 60 seconds. That's less time than it would take to go over with the 8yo what I was doing and...
Hmm. I'm just starting to maneuver this minefield myself, as DD is now in school and making her own friends. It seems to me that the devil you know is sometimes better than the devil that you don't. While you may loathe this little girl, it may pay off in the long run to have her come to your home to play. You can't really control whether or not these two girls are friends... the only thing you can control is what environment they socialize in. All the things I'm...