or Connect

Posts by chinaKat

This sounds silly but we got a bread storage box from Sharper Image. It's plastic, so I don't know if you are interested in that or not. But it really does keep the bread much longer than any other system I've found.
There's a public school and also a charter school (Benjamin Franklin Classical Charter? Something like that.) that you have to enter a lottery to get into. It's very suburban... with a "downtown" area/business district it seems they are trying to build up/revitalize. There is a farmer's market in the town square on (I think) Fridays. There is an excellent YMCA that we belong to (we live in an adjoining town) and we enjoy the Franklin library very much as well....
I was in the same boat as you w/DD2. She was breech, she was stubborn. I tried everything to turn her. You name a technique, from medical to mystical, and I used it. No dice. I looked everywhere in the MA area for somebody that would deliver a breech baby (hb wasn't an option for us, either). Nobody would touch it with a ten foot pole. I was devastated. I'd delivered unmedicated and vaginally with DD1, and couldn't comprehend a c-section. I refused to schedule one and...
My niece is biracial, black and white, and when she was born she had blue eyes. They changed to brown later around the 9 month age. She is kind of cafe au lait skinned, her mom is darker and her dad is white. But I agree, this is just anecdotal, if you have the opportunity you should do a DNA test.
Hell to the no. I probably save 1 out of 20 things. And I don't even have a good system for that, I just have a stack in the attic. I have a secret plan to scan or photograph the best of them and make a hardbound book out of them (DH did this with photos as an xmas gift for me) but I haven't exactly gotten going on that...
Ours isn't in the kitchen, it's in DD's room, but I think the same clutter issues would apply... I have found that it's key to keep a basket next to the play kitchen to toss all the utensils, dishes, and play food into. Sure, there are cabinets and sinks and a toy fridge for all that stuff... but DD isn't quite the tidy housekeeper yet, lol. The kitchen stuff gets all over if there isn't a receptacle to dump them into. So, I'd plan for that when you're thinking about how...
I detest going to the laundromat, so I used to drop my laundry off to be done when I was single and lived in the city. Liked it, for the most part. Here were the things I did not like: - they had weird hours, sometimes the attendant wouldn't be there when I went to get my laundry, which was really frustrating, especially when there was something in there I needed - one guy who worked there kind of gave me the creeps, he was OVERLY friendly to me and I wondered if...
I looked on the Hoagie's website but couldn't find any references to this, although I'm positive I read up on it back when DD1 was starting to talk. Can anybody point me at some info about typical milestones vs. gifted tendencies in language development, specifically sentence structure?
Ours is about $30/wk. We get as much produce as we can eat, plus enough to put some up. There's almost always a you-pick option in addition to the standard pick up box, and some weeks the you-pick winds up being all you can pick. Additionally we have full access to as much as we need from the herb garden every week. Totally, totally worth it IMO. If they only offered fruit, too, I'd (almost) never have to go to the store during CSA season! ETA -- I'm in MA, location...
Eh. I'm on the side of the woman behind you. How was she supposed to know you weren't planning to text throughout the entire movie? Maybe this was HER big night out... but even if she goes to the movies every single night of her life, she deserves to see a movie without the annoying distraction of somebody in front of her texting. If you think you are going to need to text during a movie, you should sit on the aisle and leave if/when the time occurs. There is no place...