or Connect

Posts by chinaKat

Quote: Originally Posted by Sabo I think that's it. I grew up as the only Alexis and then in the 90's I heard all these little girls being yelled at in grocery stores with my name. If you've had an unpopular name and it becomes popular, it can be odd. Also, there are some people with "popular" names who get annoyed that they never get to be just their first name. Its always a class with Jennifer B. and Jennifer M. or the like. The funny thing...
If you love the name, why do you care if it's "popular"? You should use it, it's a beautiful name! [tangent]This comes up all the time on MDC, I don't understand the current obsession with every single child having a totally unique name. I guess I don't get it b/c I have a relatively "popular" name and it never bothered me or adversely affected me one bit. [/tangent]
Another vote for carpal tunnel here. Had it bad with pregnancy #1. Luckily haven't had it this time around (yet...) If it makes you feel any better, it went away like magic after DD was born. But it was a drag when I was trying to sleep, I definitely remember that.
Quote: Originally Posted by momof2girls1boy ladies,i am sooooo glad we are not THAT ddc! noooooo kidding!
... January 2008 DDC now! Remember waaaaay back when, when the June 2007 DDC started?
Quote: Originally Posted by Kylix I have to agree with this. Yes, the OP was judging. We are all judgemental. It's human nature. Give this OP some support and I bet the judging will die down. Kylix Some support for *what*, precisely? I'm not being snarky, I'm truly curious. It honestly sounded to me like she was looking for a pile on about how crappy her friend's parenting was. Honestly, what else could have been the point of...
I intended to close the door when DD started sleeping in her bed, but I wound up leaving it open a crack. I have mixed feelings about this, though. I'm not keen on the idea of her wandering around the house in the middle of the night on her own. But I also don't like basically locking her in her room (she can't open the door herself yet). I want to be able to peek at her so having the door open a crack works well. Plus when (someday!!!) she starts using the bathroom at...
I agree to complain to the higher ups. I had one instructor that did that sort of thing (live class, though) so I can totally feel your pain. We all complained to her about it all semester and she never really cleaned up her act... at the end of the semester we all wrote SCATHING evaluations and she wasn't asked back the next semester! So, the administration *does* seem to care about this sort of thing... if it ever happened to me again I'd definitely start making...
Quote: Originally Posted by bbrandonsmom I don't mean to judge at all. Well, no offense but you ARE judging. I mean, you used phrases like "pure laziness" to describe others' parenting. So, if you don't mean to judge, what exactly is the point of this thread? Because it seems like you want a bunch of people to come in here and tsk-tsk about what crappy parents your friends are and to pat each other on the back for being AP. We seem to...
We just got Hello Baby! by Lizzie Rockwell out of the library and it's the best "we're having a baby" book I've found yet. It shows the baby's development in the womb, from zygote to 40 weeks (DD saw the pic of a cluster of cells and said "Baby has lots of eyes!" ). It also shows the mama BREAST FEEDING, which is, of course, cool.