or Connect

Posts by pumpkinseed

Instead of making it an ultimatum-you could phrase it when he is acting in a way that is inappropriate as a question: which virtue do you think would be helpful now for you to use?  If there is no response-I would list a few-and ask if any of those would help in that situation.  That used to really help my daughter when she was that age.  Now she is 6.5 and I am grasping at straws...I need to get back to using virtues in our everyday language again-
Happy Eid, Jo!!   mommajb- hello!!  sounds crazy there;)  hope your little one is okay!   jenlove-sorry about the sleep-hopefully V will get some good sleep soon (and you!)  I can definitely commiserate!  hope you got your walk in!   I had a most awesome fall trail run last thursday-it was beautiful out and so peaceful back in the woods along the river.  Dh and I stopped at one point just to take it all in and it was so quiet you could actually hear the...
Nic- prayers your way!! Eksmom- huge hugs to you- so sorry you are going thru this
Quote: Originally Posted by 1jooj Shanti Ditto
Hello Dingos! Just popping on here to read yet more info on crazy almost 2.5 yr old lack of sleep...I can't come on MDC without checking in to see how the Dingos are doing-lucky for me its the beginning of the month and I actually quickly read through all three pages Hope everyone is doing well. Happy Birthday Lalalala! I am running and still doing yoga just still not in a regular routine. All due to lack of sleep and inconsistancy in sleep. Trying to figure out...
Way to go, peaceful mama I have become the flip out parent as of late with my almost 6 year old and am coming on here for inspiration to get back into my calm ways (which havent been with her since she has been probably around 4)...I am glad you are finding your way-its hope for me...
Interesting. Have you read Hold Onto Your Kids by Gordon Neufeld? Is this book similar to what Neufeld describes as re-attaching to your child?
Congrats Cornflake Girl Congrats Penelope You both did fantastic!! I haven't been around here in ages-I just hopped on here to look something up and thought I would come over to see what was happening with the Dingos!! So glad I did Things are crazy in p'seed land! Things are going great-just super busy. I am anticipating more time to myself in the fall when K goes off to Kindy! We had her registration last week-crazy. I am in denial My oldest baby can't...
Poppy-I am cracking up at the dingbats Jaygee-I am getting twitchy reading your parents comments...its crap comments like that where they KNOW it gets to you-this is my in laws to a T-which is why I have such a hard time spending time with them-because they always say something... back to being calm drinking my Good Earth tea
jo-eye tics=stress for me.... RM- you two are doing so much for dsd-her response indicates that you guys are doing something right the relay looks like so much fun-I am an east coast gal as well-so I will have fun reading about the planning and the race reports I just put in a huge order with mountain rose herbs-can't wait for it to get here-ordered a bunch of stuff-mostly a bunch of yummy herbal teas-can't wait to try them. Had conference this afternoon-it...