or Connect

Posts by Plady

Nic -   I admire your commitment to your nutritional ideals.  I just know I'd either cave in and eat with the majority or become a food bully and make them eat along with me.  And doing all that personalization on top of a full time job, it's mind boggling.   Jo - India!  My SIL spends as much time there as she can and plans to retire to Kerala.  I am getting really itchy to visit too.  Please go scout for us!
Real - Yikes!  Sorry about the drama at the concert.  Not that this happened but sometimes calling a kid out in front of everyone is the only way to get the kid to notice they've been called out on something.    Gaye - I dreamed about snorkeling last night and I'm pretty sure it's your fault.    Jo - Here's a link about what probably happened.  If we ever got a recall notice I don't remember, but we got the truck at an auction a couple years into its life with no...
So that's the scene we woke up to this morning.  Well, it wasn't quite so involved when I first came downstairs and saw it and it was still dark out so at first I thought our barn was on fire.  Happily the barn did not catch and I managed to move my car out of the way before the front tire exploded.  I was hoping that I'd be brimming over with gratitude to the fire department for their timely assistance but actually they took about 15 minutes to arrive and then when they...
JayGee - Yes!  Black Friday hike is a great tradition!  We're going to get the kids out on a hike today to flush out all the evil that comes of sitting in a car all day.  I was amazed and relieved to find the few places we went to yesterday to be not at all crowded (even CostCo which I was dreading but we were in and out in 15 minutes!) but today I just want to move my limbs!   Bec -  5 MINUTE PLANK!  You are a force of mama-awesomeness.     MelW - Firstly,...
Offal, what a perfectly named thing.   We're doing our Black Friday clean out today.  The girls have been culling clothes and shoes all week and now I'm getting the car packed to go off-island to make the donation rounds.  Then we're staying at some airport hotel to see my mom off to her early morning flight tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to getting off-island but I'm not looking forward to whatever crazy shopping traffic is likely to be everywhere.     Real - Here's...
Happy Thanksgiving!  Happy Chanukah!    Had a nice day, started with boxing, then tidying up the house then the community dinner and then second dessert at a friend's.    I hope everyone celebrated to exactly the right degree.  As always, I'm thankful for my dingo sisters. Cheers!
Hugs and loving thoughts for you Sparkletruck and to you JG.  I agree with Kerc, I'd try to get there, just in case.  Although I hear that this is *not* the time to be heading to NE.    I'm in aftermath mode.  It's always a nice high to get the show off and then a seriously hard landing when it's all over.  The cast gave me an Ugly Christmas Sweater Nutcracker doll as a thank you gift. I really really had been hoping for just a poster that they all had signed, unframed...
Happy weekend mamas, Lofty - I'm sorry about that B.  I can't remember dh ever being in the sidelines for anything I've run either but you would have thought that this one for your dh would be a no-brainer seeing as it is current events headlines that you're desperately unsupported. But I'm really glad your mom is nearby enough that you've got somewhere to go get the pampering you need.   I've been trying to read along but I'm pretty distracted.  The Nutcracker opened...