or Connect

Posts by Synchro246

I don't want to give too many details, but I am popping in to say that I went to my BFF's birth last night. I was supposed to be taking pictures and wrangling her older children, but her labor went from ctx 10 minutes apart to birth of the baby in 1 hour and the midwife wasn't there and I ended up with my first catch. It was amazing. I'm still processing though.
Quote: Originally Posted by mommato5 God forbid I have to ever have a c-section. I will because the outcome will be a living breathing child, which is something an untrained, unlicensed, uneducated, unregulated midwife cannot promise. Nobody can promise that.
Ack! I dunno. Any attendant skilled with SD and able to give you anti-hemorrhage meds and treat hemorrage (at least until you are you are able to transfer if need be) would be comparable to a hospital setting where they might NOT be able to handle SD so well, but probably WOULD be able to handle hemorrage better. Personally, I'd go with either an underground midwife I trust who meets the qualifications above OR a planned cesarean. If the doc had SD skills and I felt...
Quote: Originally Posted by kosheng my guilt for letting this happen to my little boy when i was right freaking there is enormous. i cannot just let this go. suggestions? I don't know about the health of your sons penis, but I wanted to say that you didn't LET this happen. You did above and beyond reasonable, IMO, for protecting your son. It is reprehensible that the nurse did that after you specifically said not to. It is NOT your fault;...
Quote: Originally Posted by ~Megan~ I just read about Mayim Bialik had a homebirth. She seems pretty cool. Hey, that's Blossom! Cool
Sure, no problem
Does anyone want to read my paper on Human Placentation and the predilection to Preeclampsia-Eclampsia with Genetic and Evolutionary Considerations? Here you go. . .if you want Quote: Table of Contents Introduction Placentation: history, features of human placentation, placentation in preeclampsia Preeclampsia: the disease Issues in studying preeclampsia: problems in research Genetic data HLA and Seminal Priming Implications for human mating...
Quote: Originally Posted by fairydoula I was just shocked!! I thought the Frye books were expensive! LOL! Well, I know that Brewer declined to do RCT research because he found the idea of asking women to intentionally follow a "bad" diet to be unethical. I agree with that. I wish I knew more about that diet. I know that there are many many stories, ancedotal, about how great it works.... I have been learning a lot lately about pre-e and the causes, or...
Quote: Originally Posted by cfiddlinmama Synchro - I'd be curious to hear what you didn't like about Understanding Diagnostic Tests. Let me start by saying that I do really like her writing style and format. It's in depth while being easy to understand and retain & and fun to read. It really is holistic & thorough. This is a combination of feats which amaze me. What I don't like are the editing mistakes. We'll be talking in one unit on...
Quote: Originally Posted by MamaRabbit Anatomy and Physiology can cover some requirements. Not so sure about the others. Synchro, I believe the newest Diagnostics is better because it's so updated with current figures. As for newest OB text, what do you think would be a benefit for you? I have an older Williams text and while it's good for in depth anatomy, chemistry, etc, it's crap for birth. Well, look at that there's an Diagnostic test...