or Connect

Posts by Synchro246

Quote: Originally Posted by jessma Wow - this is all such good advice. So, how young can you start bringing los into a pool - chlorinated, etc. DS is 7 weeks old, and I would love to get him started. I'm an avid swimmer, DH not so much. Also, how do you dress them for the pool? I do a re-useable swim diaper (disposables are only available for 16lb+ anyway) and a onesie. I also use those UV sensitive stickers. We live in FL and are blond so sun...
Theres smoke before the fire. If you catch a wiff of something like burning hair run as quickly as you can to the nearest shower. The water will prevent the explosion from destroying the house & your dust will be washed down the drain easily enough.
Quote: Originally Posted by LilMomma83 The big thing is just making sure you smile at him etc epsecially right after his face comes out of the water - if he sees you looking worried than he might worry. Yes! this made me think of another thing: stand so as you face is level with hers. You will be wet to the neck most of the time. This signals that you are comforable and unworried.
NAK. I'm pretty sure my son has an umbilical hernia. It's sorta stuck out all the time, but when he cries man oh MAN does it stick out. I read that about 10% of babies are born with this, so I know there's a bunch of you to tell me whether or not this part is "normal". *when he cries a part of it appears dusky/dark. That darkness is also visible when he's not crying, but it's a lot less pronounced then. * when I squish it in with my finger it feels fluid filled. I...
Hey, swim teacher here. Because of their dive reflex this IS a good time to start. Just don't do it too much because they do swallow water. What I do, and it's a good practice to be in the habit of their whole childhood swimming career, is to cue the baby with a signal every time before you dunk or have her "jump" (be pulled in) from the side. We say 1-2-3 and then do whatever it is. It doesn't take long for them to prepare themselves for going under. This helps...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe You can't wash the straps in the machine? Really? Cause I've done it twice. I wash my MA cover on gentle in cold water but it doesn't get very clean. Yeah, it screws with the whole strech/stregth thing--similarly to the way a crash might.
I'd either do the bleach/water solution mentioned above and rinse with plain water and dry with a clean towel or air dry. Hydrogen peroxide is also good. Salt doesn't kill everything in water. Some bacterias like a certain (low) salt concentation and would be killed by "plain" water. With a more durable tub like that a liner is probably a good idea at any rate. If it were a la bassine I'd probably just clean it really well.
I've done it too and it seems ok. word to the wise though: if you ever feel the need to wash the straps it's NOT ok to machine wash them.
Holy crap I'm a double moron with double fuzzy brain. Two months, three months 8 weeks, 12. . .16lbs 20lbs. : Seamus hit 20lb at 12 weeks. :, I think he was 16 at the 2 mo mark. Mickey, I think is running a bit ahead, but I want to weigh him for real before I guestimate again Seamus slowed way down after the 3 mo mark thought. It went from a pound a week to about a pound a month after that. He's a hulk at 35lb at two. Daddy's a big guy, and I ain't what you might...
Quote: Originally Posted by Krystal323 hey, in that 3 weeks pic, you've got him on a...sling? a tie on sling perchance?? i ask cause it looks JUST like this one that's in my friend;s store, and i wanna know if it's any good or not. like i need another sling hehehe : It's a ring sling For a second there I was confused because I was like "hey I didn't think I put that one for sale in my store, and why is she talking about it like that" then I...