or Connect

Posts by Busymommy3

My dh and I found an old wooden chest (trunk) at a bargain shop and my dh sanded it down to the old wood and then painted it. I hten bought some inexpensive props (old hats, weird shoes, my old costume jewelry, wigs,, halloween costumes, scarves etc...) We filled the trunk up with all that stuff and gave it to dd as a dress up chest for her 3rd birthday. She absolutely loved it and still palys with it. I agree with the barbie thing, I won't let my dd play with one! Good luck!
My family lives in a large house, but it ended up that all the neighbors were practically pounding down the door at 8 am. Jude was born at 3:30 am, but I was outside walking with dh for a large part of the labor. I say labor like nobody is listening!
Ds#1 was not planned, but very wanted... we just weren't expecting that I would get pregnant when I did! Well, ds was such an angel baby that we pretty much decided when he was 1, that we ahd to have another one of these great kids. It took us forever to concieve #2 though, ds and dd are 4 years apart almost to the day. Logically, dd is the exact opposite of her brother! She's a real little spitfire! We just realized early on that we loved our sona nd wanted to have...
Racer, about the coat, i have always got my kid's coats at the burlington coat factory, good reliable winter coats with choice galor! You can always bump into me at the coat factory around March, looking for a bargain! I can't stand to shop for my daughter... lucky me I have a friend (she has a 4 yo and is pregnant)who has just given me some BEAUTIFUL winter clothes that fit my daughter in exchange for a bunch of my 0-3 months clothes that Jude is way out of (she's...
Hi again! Well it's only 5 a.m., but I ahve to get Teddy ready for school and get Nathan up so he can get used to his new routine. His life before... Well, to be honest it's all a bit fuzzy. My dh talked to Nathan's maternal grandmother and learned a lot. Apparently, he spent a lot of time in day care. His Mom works at a restaurant, and is not the real motherly type. According to Nathan's grandma, Nathan's mom would work and then want to go out at night and she...
Sorry I haven't updated... Well, I think that the newness hasn't worn off yet... He came hom Wednesday evening and we decided no to put him in school until this coming Tuesday because we were going to visit my MIL in New Hampshire on Friday. So on Thurs, dh went to work and I got three of my munchins out the door to see Nathan's new school. I submitted all the paperwork etc and we looked around a bit. It kinda shocked Lainy when she saw teddy eating lunch in the...
And I am SO nervous! Some background for anyone who doesn't know... I have three bio kids and my dh has a 9 yo son from a previous relationship. We have just received full custody of 9 yo Nathan David! Yes, he and dh flew in from OH yesterday! I actually got my act together and lugged all three kids into the city, to meet them at Logan Intl airport... it was an adventure! I am so happy Nathan is with us, but I am unsure whether he is thrilled about everything or not....
I get frustrated sometimes... I don't want my 3 yo wearing tight, flare jeans!! Yikes! I went to the mall yesterday and found some really cute jeans for Lainy at JCPenneys. They were not flare and had an elastic waist, hey seems like they were made for her age group. The best part they were on sale for 9.99 each! I just about fell over! I got her a pair of stonewash color and pink, really cute! It was hard to find tops that seemed preschoolish, they were all pretty...
Hi all~ I have never posted on this board before because I was never a mom of a preteen. Now, I am and I am a bit scared to be truthful. My dh has a 9yo son and we are in the process of gaining full custody of him. Dh is leaving for Ohio on Friday, will appear in court Monday and will return home (MA) by Wednesday, with another child! I am a bit concerned about the entire situation. I have never parented a 9 yo before. I know that he loves to make stuff (legos and...
Ok I want to know everyone's opinion. My neighbor was shopping the other day and she saw this cute skirt (for my dd) that was on sale. She bought it and gave it to me. It is really a nice little skirt. It's a long denim skrt that comes with a little faux leather belt. It is kinda a bell skirt, Lainy looks good in it, but I can't help to think that it is about 15 years too old for her. the style, everything about it seems like it's made for a teen! So, what's your...