or Connect

Posts by eroslovesagape

Thanks, folks for your input.    The rash got bigger, redder, and darker- looked very irritated. My gut was telling me to stop with the vinegar etc...    I took her to the dr and he said it was "contact dermatitis" meaning she had an allergic reaction to something, and that started it. He prescribed 2.5% cortisone cream, and told me to stop everything else, esp the vinegar. I applied the cream for a week, and the bigger, redder version of the rash shrunk back to...
        Pics: 1st 10/28/2012, 2nd 11/01/12, 3rd 11/08/12, 4th today, 11/9/12.   My 7 y/o DD started with a mosquito-bite sized red spot in front of her left temple. I noticed it and left it alone...it grew larger, still a solid dark pink/red splotch. Over days it grew larger, until I became alarmed when one evening it was the size of a nickel. The next morning, it was different: cleared up a bit in the center, and a definite outer...
My daughter goes to the Waldorf School of the Peninsula in Los Altos, about a 20 min drive from San Jose. I teach full time, so she carpools with another family. She started in Nursery, and is now finishing her 2nd year of Kindergarten, and heading to 1st grade next year.   My experience with her early childhood schooling has been very positive. In Nursery and Kinder, they spend a good amount of time outside playing, climbing, poking around in the dirt - she comes...
I am DYING to meet some amazing mamas/women! After 8 years in the Sierra Foothills, where I was part of a fantastic community, I moved back to SJ in August 2008. I started a yahoo groups forum for the south bay area- please say hello and let's talk! A dynamic community of South Bay mamas/families is ready to become a reality...do help! Swantje, mama for...hm...49 combined years of parenting & 10 years (gasp!) of breastfeeding now!...
Hi, I'm in San Jose, have daughter 3, sons 21 & 15. Are you nearby? I started a group... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ROMP_CafeSouthBay/ Check it out & see if you want to sign up! Thanks, S
Is there a group of mothering mamas around? I've got Freyja, 2yr10m, Adrian 14 (will go to the Waldorf HS). I homebirthed, eat organic, still breastfeeding, am active and outgoing and dream big! I'll probably have to get a full time teaching job, but will always make time for friendships. Please do introduce yourself! Blessings, S Group home page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ROMP_CafeSouthBay Group email address: ROMP_CafeSouthBay@yahoogroups.com
Appt. w/naturopath Wed - diagnosed liver/GI tract damage due to antibiotic I was given for mastitis 3-4 weeks postpartum; made me & dd quite sick. According to the literature on dicloxacillin, dd and I were among the very small percentage of people who get sick from it. I became jaundiced, experienced caustic diarrhea -felt like my intestines were being burned out of my body- and just felt like I was going to die (not a feeling I've had before or since). Similar effect on...
Ear candles. I've had success for plugged ears from water, and earwax buildup, and clearing out ear infections. Health food stores carry them. They're actually slender, hollow tubes of cloth soaked in beeswax and rolled & cooled. The smaller end goes into the ear, the other end is lit and candle is kept nearly horizontal. A bowl of water catches the burned end as you cut it off, careful to allow the candle to continue burning down to 3-4 inches. Then you remove from...
I can't find any "healing the gut tribe" so trying here. Was prescribed dicloxacillan for my first mastitis when daughter was 3 weeks old. It made me so sick- I turned yellow, experienced caustic diarrhea, felt like I was going to die- and she was breastfeeding! She turned yellow as well, and I quit the antibiotic. Since then, herbal mastitis remedies have been successful. However, even with probiotic therapy, she was 12 months before her bowel movements were...
recommended by my midwife years ago- get boric acid (any drug store) and a good-sized vegetarian capsule (health food store). Fill one or two capsules, insert vaginally. Wear underwear & pad for it'll inspire a lot of cleansing liquid. Best to do it at night once in bed. Next morning, rinse vulva to prevent irritation, repeat next night or two or three, depending on the severity of the yeast infection. I had chronic yeast infections for YEARS and have tried absolutely...