or Connect

Posts by DBZ

I understand how you feel. There are times when I am tempted to say something like that, but the people that really matter already know my DDs issues. There have been times when I have told a grown up not to be so judgmental because things aren't always how they seem. A friend of mine finds comfort with her autism bumper sticker. She hopes that someone will see it and put 2 and 2 together. 
I have a pretty limited income. I hope these curricula are affordable. A placement test would be great.   My daughter's school doesn't go over board with calculators, but my daughter relies on a grid a lot or she will add 8 six times. The things she does well are and doesn't do well are all over the map. She was in a small sped class for math and she did well so they put her in the regular ed room and she couldn't handle it. She is easily distracted.   Her dyslexia shows...
I am looking for a better option then the regular public school for my 14 year old. They are failing her miserably. I live in Ayer which is between Concord and Leominster.   TIA Kara
I find guns real or fake are highly inappropriate at school. I would totally call and complain. Unless it was a hot pink water gun it could have easily terrified a kid! My oldest just recently had a almost-school-shooting at her high school. I am pretty sure that any kid from my daughter's lunch room would have reacted badly to seeing someone wave around a gun. So many of the fake ones look real, especially in the dark. I would call the teacher and complain.
She has never been a great fit for our public school and high school is even worse. I am afraid that she won't even be able to graduate on time if I keep her in there. I'm considering other options and homeschool is one of them. I am worried that I am not a great fit to be a homeschooling parent though. Her biggest problems are in math, spelling and written grammar. I think she has dylexia, but the school thinks her problem is with sequencing, but I guess that is a whole...
Yesterday was wicked stressful. A boy who was suspended last week went into the school via the restaurant (it's a tech school) and headed straight for the cafe. He had a rifle. He was tackled in the cafe and restrained by 3 teachers. My daughter was in the lunchroom. All the kids were told to go into lockdown so they all got under the tables. It was very terrifying for the kids and staff involved. My daughter, who handled the whole thing remarkably well, could not sleep...
I used to smoke. I was like Adaline'sMama's dh though and I didn't cosleep then. If he smells like smoke, he needs to take a shower and he needs to be smoking outside and all that. Also, it was harder for me to wake up when I was a smoker. It made me a more heavy sleeper. If that is the case with your dh then he really needs to sleep on the couch. When he quits smoking he can sleep in the family bed again.
omg my mother is decluttering!!! She said I had to take the baseball cards from when I was a kid out of her house. I don't blame her one bit. I don't know if I would have kept them for so long LOL. Does anyone know what I should do with them. Selling them seems obvious but they are not sorted at all and I am completely out of the loop when it comes to this stuff. I haven't touched them in over 20 years....   Please tell me what to do. I know someone here must have a...
My daughter's ortho wants to give my girl botox injections in her inner thighs. She has cerebral palsy because of a stroke she had before she was born. At 3.5 she still can only walk with the help of a walker and she can't stand without support either. The doc thinks the botox might help. This is hard. I didn't vaccinate my younger two and now I have to really think about this. It would be so much easier if I was just one of those parents that just did what was expected...
Yes, it does say PVL. Thank you for kind of clearing up what that really means.    Zoe, got a cp diagnosis quickly because she is one of the more severely affected kids. Most of the kids who had a stoke in utero or around birth are walking, talking and all that. Most kids have some issue with one hand, but for a lot of kids it is no big deal. Zoe's hand is primarily a helper hand. She can use it to support a doll in between her middle and ring fingers or pick up...