or Connect

Posts by mum4boys

It is forced air. It is not a pump or base board but a force air furnace. We have a programmable thermostat. We are not going to use the furnace at all this winter. No, we do not qualify for any help.
We have brand new triple pane gas Windows, so no heat loss from there. I need to figure if we can insulate the 3 attics yourself.
I would start with the propane company to see how many times it needs to be filled in the winter so you can see what the cost will be.
Seriously, you need to go through the exchange since the rates are capped per your state. You are going to get a better deal even free. If you lived in Wasington your insurance would be free based on your income.
 is this the fan? http://www.cabelas.com/product/Caframo-Ecofan-UltrAir-Heat-Powered-Stove-Fan/1431685.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dwood%2Bstove%2Bfans%26x%3D-910%26y%3D-51%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=wood+stove+fans&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products
Remember when you go through the exchange you might qualify for a subsidy. A family of 4 can make up to 90K and still get a reduction. Depending on the state you are in you might pay nothing.    Also as of 2014, it is federal law you have health insurance. It is $90 or 1% of the gross income in fines. The IRS is set up to collect it. 
I will check out the fans at Cabelas. Do you know how much they run? It looks like it is something that will be nice for when the power is out. 
The US Gov has released the weather models for this winter.We know 68 is the minimum we can go with the heat. We use to keep it at 64 which is just too rough. It is very damp here. So after calling around we found a blower for the stove. It actually has where you can set the temp. We also getting a ton of pressed wood that is all natural and easier to use. It also burns cleaner and does not need to be seasoned.
I say something on the lines of, I stay at home now. We home school our youngest 3 kids. I am thinking about going back to w work full time so I can have a rest.
Where were was the new ones made versus the old?