or Connect

Posts by mum4boys

We have 5 children, 4 boys and 1 girl ages 22, 21, 15, 14, and 6. I came from a family with 5 kids. I was the youngest by 8 years. I was closer in age to some of my nieces and nephews then my own siblings. Hence how my boys came, two by two. I think God got a great big chuckle out of my plans. My daughter is 8 years difference in age from our youngest son. In theory I would love more kids, but health wise I am not sure it is even possible plus I am scooting really close...
So we are going to California for the National Juvenile Arthritis Conference. We would have never been able to go, but we got a scholarship that is paying for more then half of our cost. We leave in just a couple of weeks. Money is extremely tight. We will be driving. We plan on taking a lot of food with us but I have a son who has a medical eating disorder. The only portable food he will eat cold is a Subway Sandwich (specifically a bacon sandwich with shredded cheese)....
I am so sorry. It just bites when you cannot trust family. 
We have a use children's shop where I live that is very trendy. They will buy your clothes back for a pretty good price. They only take name brand items etc. So I am only able to sell about 1/3 to 1/2 of Maggie's clothes to them. But it is so worth it. I could get more money back if I used it for a store credit. But the store is too high priced. We visit every few months this one Goodwill in Seattle. You have to dig a bit in this store but occasionally, I will find Hanna...
We love the thrift store. We know a lot of people with the mentality that they would never shop at a thrift store. I am like okay whatever. We can get a far better deal, better made, longer lasting on items on the majority of the things we are shopping for at a thrift store. My daughter dresses in expensive clothing that is well made. Only in the last year have we had to pay for her clothes. Before when she outgrew them I would sell them. We always were able to turn a...
We have lots of u-pick farms in my area. The problem is they are really $$$. I can get a bit better in price at the Farmer's market plus it is already picked. 
Do you camp? Outerbanks of NC is doable on your budget if you camp.
I had 4 boys all awful teethers...I mean things that nightmares are made of. Then I had my daughter, eight years after my last son was born. We bought her an amber teething necklace and she started wearing it when she was about 3 months old. Teething was literally a breeze. I figured it was because she was a girl not really believing at all in the amber teething necklace. Then she broke her necklace off. I thought we are good, I am not going to buy another one since she...
Are you still seeing your GI doctor? We had a lot of problems with our daughter her entire life (she is our biological daughter). We thought it was a gluten issue as she tended to get better being gluten free but things did not always add up. She would be horrible get better etc. then last year on her 5th birthday she started a downward spiral again. Anyway long and short of it she has fructose malabsorption disorder. What happens is the fructose gets hung up in the...
My 13 year old son is my 4th child. I got pregnant with him when my 3rd son was 5 1/2 months old. I was breast feeding exclusively. He was a twin. I lost his twin in the 2nd trimester. I am not sure if it is common or not.