or Connect

Posts by mum4boys

This is from Bank of America's website which I do believe is the largest bank in America.   Do I need good credit to get an airline Debit Card? No. There are no credit requirements. All you need is a Bank of America checking account.     http://www.bankofamerica.com/deposits/checksave/index.cfm?template=lc_faq_checkcards 
That is absolutely false about needing credit to have a debit card.    All of our medical expenses are paid out of pocket at the time of service. Seattle Children's allows personal checks to be written for cash once a day for the parents of patients. I am sure other hospitals have the same policy. This line of questioning is kind of ludacris. There are all kinds of scenarios one can go through if you have credit cards. What happens if your wallet is stolen on the way...
I was speaking to my dad and he said we really should get pigs as the pig will actually root out the vine.
It is a bit puzzling to me to say one will need a credit card to pay for parking or a hotel room for an emergency. First off you have a plan with savings in it for emergencies. Second, as stated before my child spends a lot of time in the hospital, we have never rented a hotel room because we have always stayed with our son in his room whether he stayed for 4 days or 30 days.
     mnnice that is exactly what I am saying. I am going to say this again. Credit Cards have been nothing but trouble for us. I have been married for over 21 years. I have experience. We can go into it with the best intentions and it has always wound up costing us for whatever reason some cases it was stupidity and other cases it was things beyong our control. For us being debt free not having any consumer loans etc. is the best decision we have made for our family. It...
So you are just suppose to spend spend spend with no credit limit? When does it stop? At some point the funding is going to run out. If it did not this country would not be in the mess that it is in. Lots of people who used credit responsible and only for catastrophic financial emergencies have ended up loosing their homes and/or declaring bankruptcy. It is not a choice my family is willing to make. If other people want to live their lives like that fine. I have said...
Thanks Trigger. I struggle with the whole thing. I think if I wasn't even Catholic I would struggle. I am 99% sure our family is complete. Three of my children have JIA and one has a whole host of medical issues. It is really hard to keep up with life right now. But there is part of me that says really that door to having more children is closed? Never mind the fact that I am in my 40's. We have not rushed out and done anything yet. I guess maybe I need to mourn. I know...
I am not sure how a credit card is going to protect me from life unexpected expenses. As some point it is going to have a cap on it whether it is $1.000, $10,000 or whatnot then what. What are you going to do after you tapped into all that credit and you still need more all you will have is all that debt? You are still back to square one. I have been there and done it. We are not interested in doing it any more. We have been through job lost and strike and survived...
Hollybearsmom you are right, about making money on deals using a credit card etc. There are a lot of opportunities out there like that. We have not chosen to go this route, even though I am ubber frugal because every time we had used a credit card in the past, it was just a struggle for us. Something always happened that made it not possible to do what we budget. I was tired of the stress.
To answer your question about if our child needs surgery. As stated before we have a special needs child. We were very close to maxing out his life time cap of 1.5 million. (there is no longer a life time cap). We pay close to $1,000 a month for medication out of pocket. We have excellent health insurance. We pay our co-pays and that is. So even when we racked up $250,000 worth of medical care for Liam two years ago. We were able to pay for our share out of pocket. He...