or Connect

Posts by ryleigh'smama

I posted when I first got my first pair of VFF's in June. I have a second pair now, the bikila's. I run in them exclusivley, I had a few days when it snowed and I wore shoes and I really don't love to run nearly as much with shoes on. I disagree with one of the pp's about McDougall's book. I got from the book that he did talk quite a bit about stride. In his first ultra he wore running shoes and exclusively worked on changing his stride. He talked about not heel...
I just wanted to respond and say that I hope things are going well. We cosleep with dd6 and ds4. I am anticipating that dd will be a late transition. I didn't go into parenting with a plan to cosleep, we started because it has been apparent from birth that dd needed to cosleep. She just does, she needs to touch someone in the night if she has a dream, or wakes up a bit. Ds is a pretty independent sleeper, but still prefers being near us.
DrJen- that writing contest sounds so cool. How neat for your daughter that you support her in such a great endeavor. Pumpkin dump cake sounds fabulous! I have never had a dump cake before, but I'm inspired. Ran 9 this afternoon. It was my "I need pain" run. I start at the bottom of a valley and run up a little over 1000 ft in elevation over about 1.5 miles, then there is a nice 2 mile loop at the top...then DOWN!! I love it. But it has to be the right kinda day...
Quote: Originally Posted by LaLaLaLa Today! Is my birthday! Happy Birthday!! I told myself I was gonna jump in at the beginning of the month, cause this thread always moves so fast. So here I am on the 3rd day of the month and already three pages! I have tried to keep up before, but have been unsuccessful...here's to trying again. I am Katie, I love to run. I have two kiddos, dd is 5, ds is 3. I have been running for a couple of...
I like Greens and Whey...I think by Biochem???
I used to hate running...and now I LOVE it!! It is not just exercise, it's therapy. A few things that helped, I was in good shape before I started running (think gym 3-4x's a week on elliptical, stairmaster, etc. plus weights). I think that helped, but the biggest thing for me was getting past the first half mile-mile. After that it got SO much easier for me. I also needed music when I was starting. I just recently, after almost 2 years of running, stopped running with...
Quote: Originally Posted by sewaneecook I am 5'6", I set a goal of weighing what I weighed right before starting college, around 130 (at that point I was a size 8). After baby 2 was 6 months old I weighed 150+, a large size 10, and I started running. I've been running for about 8 months and I'm now a size 4-6, but I still weigh around 140. I feel that if I lose any more I'll be too thin, so I don't have any goal to purposely lose any more weight. I...
I think that the reason it works for people is because it advocates eating a diet free of processed food, and low in grains. No matter your blood type, that is pretty universal. I am a type O+ so technically I should eat a bunch of meat, no grain, no dairy diet. My intestines do not function when I eat like that. I tried everything to make my body work well with that way of eating, and really only discovered it was all the meat that was causing the problem on "accident"....
I like Oxygen. I occasionally get women's m&f, and I like it too, but I feel like I get more workouts from Oxygen. Plus I like the diet tips, I like the whole "clean eating" concept that they talk about a lot. I always get new ideas on different ways to work different body parts. I just told dh I want a subscription, I agree on the other mags too, I will read them, but not for useful reasons.
I agree with the article from the PP. I have loose skin from having ds, but he is 3.5 years old now, and I started exercising when he was 8 months old, over the course of those 3 years I have increased my fitness 10 fold I lift weights, I run races, I crossfit...and my flab has almost disappeared. The lower my bodyfat percentage gets the more the flab goes away.