or Connect

Posts by jennica

Yeah, I've done that with the light fleece under the coat. For my son that is fine, except on days he goes to school. With all the stuff he has to take on and off for winter, I hate to add one more thing. For my daughter it's still a major hassle either way. I guess there is just no getting around that unless I buy one of those spendy ponchos?
Thanks. Yeah, a light fleece just will not cut it here. I sometimes do a light fleece under their heavy jacket so when I take the jacket off at least they have something. But, no, if I sent my son to school in a light fleece jacket they would probably call me up and ask what the heck I was thinking because they go outside even in below zero weather, and a fleece is just like a sweatshirt here. We wear them indoors! I'll check out the lands end one. What about...
I have a 6 year old who is in a Graco Nautilus and a 16 month old who is 17 and a half pounds and in a Cosco Scenara (rear facing). I didn't intend to put her in this seat, but we went out of town and I ended up needing a seat so bought the cheapest one with the idea that it would be for DH's car just in case we ever need it. But I got sick of her bucket seat and so switched her recently for the time being. So here are my issues:   First, we live in Minnesota....
We do vaccinate, just on a delayed schedule. I just wanted to add here that my daughter is going in for surgery (not open surgery, but with a tube and injection) and we had to get the tetanus vaccine before that happened. My doctor told me that the last child to die of tetanus in our state got it because he was unvaccinated and had surgery. She said that tetanus doesn't die unless it is heated to 400 degrees, and they don't heat surgical equipment that high. They didn't...
Hi. I have never had much interest in EC and we tried it a couple times when my daughter was first born and it didn't work out (she would hold her poop for a few hours if we tried holding over the toilet and I wasn't comfortable with that - and honestly just not interested enough to keep trying). However, she tested positive for kidney/urinary reflux. I had this as a child too, so my children have a strong genetic risk which is why they are tested as newborns. The...
I just thought I'd update this thread to let everyone know how things ended up! My daughter was born in late July 2010, so she is 7 months old right now. I interviewed a few of the midwives mentioned on this thread. After initially choosing the wrong midwife for me (still a good midwife, but we didn't share political/religious views and I stupidly didn't realize this was something I should ask about in the interview process), I then switched to Kim Garrett and Jane...
My uncle just died and I attended his funeral. My relatives are all Catholic and the person who spoke at the funeral was a deacon. My uncle was a well respected auto mechanic who owned a shop in our area. The deacon kept saying that my uncle was now a mechanic in heaven. That there was a shop there with no one to run it and now my uncle is up there fixing everyone's cars. I'm not religious and don't believe in heaven, but this sentiment really bugged me. Is this in line...
I sent a letter of complaint shortly after Ds was born to the hospital. I complained about their policies and about the care I received from the nurses and midwives. The head midwife called me back and thanked me for my letter and told me that it would be shown to the hospitals board of directors and that they had spoken to the midwife about it. I never heard if any changes were made though. Then, four years later, after I had struggled with PTSD due to the experience...
I used it for a couple weeks with Ds. One night I woke up and looked inside and he wasn't in there! I found him nestled against my thigh. Babies don't like barriers and they will go to great lengths to be close to you. I had no idea a two week old could get around like that. DD is almost 4 weeks old and I never used it with her. The sides are too high and you can't see your baby or hear there breathing.
Really? No one is familiar with this issue?