or Connect

Posts by jennica

I am due at the end of July so still not quite full-term. I feel like I have a bit of time to get ready yet, though that time is slowly slipping away! Yesterday my Mom and I cooked two soups to freeze, and today I made one. I will probably make another tomorrow as well. My mom, who is a doula, says I need to lay in for 10 days after the birth and I'm not gonna argue with that So I want to have at least 10 meals frozen. Today Dh and I worked on our bedroom, which will have...
Simon Seamus
I'm in your DDC and am afraid I might have a really fast birth. My first labor was 6 hours, but it was not a nice slow progression. When I got to the hospital I was dilated to 3 and an hour and a half later I was 9.5. I was only at the hospital 3 hours and Ds was born in that time. I'm pretty worried about having an even faster labor this time. I know some people think they are great, but for me it was horrible. The pain and intensity was totally overwhelming. It was a...
For Ds's delivery, with hospital midwives, there was no option presented to me. They just put the pit into my IV. I've heard since that if you don't have an IV that they will often give you a shot of pit without even asking first. So, if you don't want it you must make that really clear somehow. But keep in mind it is really hard to advocate for yourself at that point in time.
The article says the baby spent two weeks in the hospital. I wonder if that had anything to do with the lack of sterile instruments used to cut the cord.
I installed ours recently too. It is a Graco Snugride, and I was disappointed about not getting a really rock solid install like Ds's seat. But, I did then use a towel to get a better installation and also realized the seat is designed to flip up, so it's not going to be rock solid. I was really hoping the seat would fit in the middle, but Ds's seat is so wide it didn't work out. So Ds is now behind the driver's side, and baby's seat is behind the passenger's side.
Quote: Originally Posted by Climbergirl Yes, you are correct. I guess my wording was not conveying what I meant (something about a toddler pulling on me probably did not help!). They are saying she has a high risk for those 2 abnormalities. I was curious if they could pick up and conclusively say if the baby actually had either of the 2 through ultrasound or if it HAS to be CVS or amnio. I guess I was also trying to weigh the risks of the CVS/amnio...
Quote: Originally Posted by Climbergirl This is something that I have thought about a lot since we decided to do the NT test. I guess for me, it comes down to what would you do if they find out that your baby has trisomy 13 or 18? Can they confirm the diagnosis through the 20 week ultrasound? Can you get an earlier ultrasound (especially since the amnio appt would be 3 weeks anyway) that could confirm the diagnosis? The NT test is NOT a...
Why wont the midwife who assisted with your daughter take you on for this pregnancy?
I think that I personally would do a frank or a complete. A footling I would be a lot more worried about and would have to do some extensive research on that before making a decision. The reasons I would do it are that this would be my second time giving birth (so I have a proven pelvis), my last birth was fast and uncomplicated, my midwives are experienced with breech birth, and it's unlikely I would escape a c-section in the hospital or be relaxed enough to safely birth...