or Connect

Posts by jennica

Quote: Originally Posted by chinaKat Wow. Just... wow. I realize the OP is in a tough place, but I'm pretty flabbergasted that people actually think this way. I guess I come from the "you made your bed now you lie in it" school, though. Which is probably why I wouldn't touch an ARM with a ten foot pole. Um, hello, I'm still here. Kindly talk to me and not about me. I've been trying to make this work for over a year. I pay our bills and...
Quote: Originally Posted by heatherdeg If your going to look into selling the place, at least TRY to renegotiate the rate or recast the loan first. You have nothing to lose. The pp is right in that you'll need to speak to someone higher up with the authority to actually do that. Start off by asking to speak to a supervisor. Be polite to the rep--ask them if they have the authority to renegotiate the terms of your loan. They'll likely say "No" and...
Our mortgage was locked in at 5%, so if we refinance, we will end up with lower payments then the increase with the ARM, but higher payments than our original ones. Also, property taxes keep going up, and gas prices do to. It seems like we can just never get ahead. So refinancing could be an option, to proivide a bit of relief for the moment, but how long can we make ends meet like that? The payment would still be about $200.00 higher than our original payment was. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by jennybear I'm sorry you're in this situation--it sounds stressful. My opinion: aside from significant tax/credit/financial consequences for you, I simply think that going into foreclosure is unethical if you can avoid it. You were aware of the loan terms when you signed and now, as unfortunate as it is, you'll need to make some tough choices (like working f/t) to make this right. While I think that some lenders were...
Thanks everyone. We haven't missed any payments yet. I called the bank today and after navigating through the automated system I got a real person who transfered me as fast as she could to another real person. That person was not sympathetic at all. She told me that there was nothing that she could do for me since she is a "collection agency". I thought I was talking to the bank She said that I would need to start missing payments before she could offer me anything,...
I don't know what to do. Dh and I have excelent credit, never been diliquent or late on any payments for anything. We made a big mistake three years ago. We bought a house an hour away from everyone we know, and 30 minutues away from Dh's job. Then gas prices started going up and up and up, and property taxes started rising higher and higher because this is such a growing area : When we bought the house the lender pushed us into an ARM, so we did it, thinking...
Oh, and I obviously like Owen, but don't use that one, it is getting way too popular since DS was born. I'm liking the suggestion of Orian, and Kasen though. I'll have to keep those two in mind in case I ever get pregnant again.
Quote: Originally Posted by Viriditas I love Lief, which means beloved. But dh didn't want people to think we'd named our son "Leaf." How about Leif (LAYF) then? It means "descendent, heir".
Quote: Originally Posted by CMcC It's looked at like we are intolerant to other religions, but if what we belive is true, then we really are the only way.... I think that most of the worlds population believes that their religion is true, but the majority of the worlds population are not christian. So just because you have faith and personally believe that christianity is true, doesn't mean it is. Faith isn't proof. Faith seems like a poor...
Keep your cats. Tell your inlaws to take a pill when they come over, or, just don't have them over.